P24AF Code - Particulate Matter Sensor Code

jschildm

Reaction score
I have cleared the code and it comes back at the next regen so the check engine light stays on. I am planning to buy a new sensor, but I am curious if anyone knows whether this needs to be programmed/calibrated after installation or not. If so, is this something I can do with Forscan? I think this is the part I need: JC3Z-5L239-C .

Truck is 2017 CCSB with around 40K on the clock. We just got the truck with a salvage title. Stock truck to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks,
John

6.7Bison

Reaction score
Forscan can recalibrate the DPF but I don't believe this needs done unless the DPF is replaced or reconditioned. The sensor should output the same value, the recalibrate is to account for the natural pressure differential of a DPF unit as opposed to the added restriction caused by soot.

jschildm

Reaction score
Quick follow-up. I finally got this sensor changed out. I believe the PN I ended up getting from the dealership was JC3Z-5L239-C. I should double check the box. It was quite a bit more expensive from my local dealer than some of the online ford stores (Tasca, etc), but I was able to show them some prices and get them to come down some. I had been spraying some penetrating oil on it for a while. It came out easier than I expected. I put the new one on and cleared the code, we'll see if it comes back or not.

jschildm

Reaction score
I believe its been driven enough at this point that it would have came back if it was going to and it has not. It seems like its only required to change the sensor and no programming or calibrating is required.

Latest posts

Members online