Paint QC

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
I have a ton of chip all around the truck !!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Like said earlier though, why are rock chips (a function of driving) a problem of Ford's?

Now if your dealer used the truck as a demo before you bought it, then you could take it up with the dealer, but that needed to be negotiated when you bought it, not months later.

sootie

Reaction score
Maybe if you had the same wheels on the last truck and drove the same miles and roads and didn't have rock chips it would raise an eyebrow?

Magicman129

Reaction score
The lift thing is definitely a good idea, the rock chips are the main reason I didn't buy a Platinum, my buddy has a 16 and the paint looks like it has been shot off with a BB gun on the bumpers from rock chips and starting to rust where the paint came off. Little stuff they did also passed me off like rolling the window down with paint on themy, getting paint all over the inside of the weather stripping, and just poor detailing, the sales man suggested I detail the truck to check for other issues before bringing to ford. Nice right

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
I've got a weird spot above the wheel well on my bed, looks like something under the paint, but the paint also seems super soft. Mine only has 400 miles on it, drove it over the weekend and noticed a big scratch. Rock hit the rocker and slid up the side and left a 4-6" scratch. I got it mostly buffed out.

Dowheelies

Reaction score
This sucks, waiting on my 17 Platnum in Magnetic. Wondering if letting my 11 KR that has been flawless for 120k go is a mistake. A costly one at that!

Eric

theplumber

Reaction score
Maybe if you had the same wheels on the last truck and drove the same miles and roads and didn't have rock chips it would raise an eyebrow?

Exactly what i said to my dealer !
On my 15 the paint was a lot better and did not chip that easy !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk