parralel

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
Doing something like this.

PA314755.JPG

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Like I said not ideal but has and will continue to be done in the race world. Just google rear mount turbo. Most people that are looking at twins would not be looking at towing, off roading, etc. My thinking is it would be race only.

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
I started this project last year and a basic design up and working for the pulling season.
The truck ran great. I am running 2 T3 turbos from Bell Turbo.
I ran across 2 problems this year with the setup. 1 big problem was where do I put the air filters.
P1234994.JPG

As you can see from this picture there is no more room under the hood. Well I am working on that problem this year and should open up some room to install 2 air boxes under the hood.
The other problem I had was my wast gates. They were bouncing off each other. 1 would open then the other. I think that I could take care of this by using back pressure instead of boost to regulate the gates. Instead of doing that I am going to tie both sides together and use only 1 gate to regulate the boost.
The truck works really good on the street and pulling. Will be going to change my intake, and injectors along with a different tune for next year.
I could build a lot more boost with a compound system but I have always danced to a different drummer. When it is all done, (if that ever happens) I will end up with a compound system. Not 2 turbos but 3 or maybe 2 sets of compounds). If you want more information on my setup and how I would make it better just drop me a line.

Yes, the parallel system can and will work. I takes more fab work and a lot of plaining. You will never build the hp with a parallel system that you can with a compound system. But if 50 pis of boost is all you are looking for, and you build a system around that it can be done.

Matt

Reaction score
Trent Nell is putting the finishing touches on a parralel set up he is testing out for his Duramax. Looks pretty cool, I think with the turbos he is trying he said it would flow about the same as an s483 set up as a single.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the problem with parallels is pressure ratios. small turbos typically don't support the higher pressure ratios that larger compressors do

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the problem with parallels is pressure ratios. small turbos typically don't support the higher pressure ratios that larger compressors do

My exact thoughts works great on gasers at 12 psi but not sure what it will do on a diesel needing 40+

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.