PCS wiring

Reaction score
Hey guys. I need to wire up a PCS for a friend of mine's E99 SD cummins conversion. Most of it is pretty self explanatory, but there are a few things I haven't figured out yet.

There are 6 unterminated wires coming off the range connector.
-start1 and start 2 (one blue wire, one white wire)
-2 wires labeled "backup"
-2 4x4 module wires (one grey and one green).

I'm sure the wires labeled backup will be powering the reverse lights. Anyone know off hand which wires in the stock harness powers the reverse lights? If it is confirmed these just power the reverse lights, I can connect power to the stock range selector wires until the reverse lights power on, but if someone knows off hand, that'd help.

The start 1, start 2, and the two 4x4 module wires I have no clue what they do. I can only assume the 4x4 module wires are if the truck has an electronic t-case, which the truck does not have.

Also, there are no wires labeled for the OD cancel switch. If anyone could tell me what you did for that, it would help. Just what pin # the cancel OD wire is in the PCS connector would be fine or if anyone knows what it would be labeled as would be ok too. Anything helps really.

I already got the TPS set up on the injection pump and he is supposed to be ordering a crank trigger for RPM, so I think everything will work fine once I figure out what those other wires do.

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
The od on/off is not in the harness it will be off a digital input. And the light will be controlled but a digital output.

I can crawl under mine later and check the 6 wires. I know some didn't get hooked up.

Reaction score
I figured the OD on/off would be on a digital input, just wasn't sure. I'll work on getting that set up. If you wouldn't mind checking those 6 wires, I would appreciate it. I'm pretty sure the 4x4 module wires aren't getting hooked up.

Oh yeah, where would the neutral safety wire in? I think he has it bypassed on his truck, so I may not need to hook it up at all, but if he does want it hooked up, I'll need to know where that's hooking up. Maybe those are the "Start" wires?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.