Perdels #'s

Carolina444

Reaction score
Helping out a buddy with a possible bad Cps. I don't know what the numbers should look like but he's failing #3 and I got these numbers with AE.

Cyl.. 124567 all stay at 0.0

But Cyl3 3.2 -4.5. And cyl8 2.4-3.6

What does this tell me? Thanks

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
nope. unless there is a clear misfire or low power issue. I can run KOER and contribution and 3 & 8 both come up on contribution tests only. my deltas on those cylinders are also all over the place, but their perfectly fine. just bull**** readings from cps

Carolina444

Reaction score
Just feels like the truck is shaking harder at idle and he's had it cut out on him two times coming to a stop both times with wipers on.. From what I've read that sounds like a bad Cps. it's a original black too

2000wa250

Reaction score
Normally the wipers on part is simply reffered to because its raining. I had a cps fail due to water contamination is a downpour. Personally I wouldn't link the two things unless its simply stating that it was raining out when the truck shut off.

As far as the numbers go, look fine to me.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I would replace it since it's a known issue, new grey will fix the cutting out issue, but I bet you the deltas will read the same. Mine did

Carolina444

Reaction score
Normally the wipers on part is simply reffered to because its raining. I had a cps fail due to water contamination is a downpour. Personally I wouldn't link the two things unless its simply stating that it was raining out when the truck shut off.

As far as the numbers go, look fine to me.

Yes it was raining both times but I read something about wipers causing a issue to somewhere.

Thanks for the info on the numbers..

Carolina444

Reaction score
I would replace it since it's a known issue, new grey will fix the cutting out issue, but I bet you the deltas will read the same. Mine did

All I've read on the grey Cps is negative.. Have any thoughts on the dark blue or the Delphi or Borg Warner options?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Junk and junk. Do some more reading. I've personally tried all of them and grey is the best, black died on me going down Hills, and blue would run rough. Every 7.3 that comes through our shop gets grey. No issues

Latest posts

Members online