Performance ficm tunes

B.Warning

Reaction score
My outlaw is in need of a new ficm and I'm currently chasing after fuel millage with the truck. Is the 58v ficm worth the money? Or just get a replacement ficm and get a tune for it?

What's your thoughts and opinions?

jag6510

Reaction score
I don't have an experience with a 58v FICM but I have the atlas 40 ficm tune from php and I am really happy with it.

slc dzl

Reaction score
Ive had a innovative 58v ficm for 2yrs now, and it has been great till the other day when for the first time since I have had it it dropped below 48 volts. But cold starts are better.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I noticed no improvement with the 58v FICM...but I also have a tuned FICM. Just get a tuned FICM and forget about the 58v option.

jdc753

Reaction score
I have the Hercules 100 tune on my FICM and am very happy with it, I didn't notice much difference vs the 40 but only made a quick drive to compare the 2. I picked up some good mileage boost with the tune and it changed the throttle response down low, basically pretty smoky till my muscle memory relearned. Totally worth it in my book.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I really like my ficm tunes . I run the atlas 80 as my daily . Mileage went up and the throttle response is like a gasser .

Mdub707

Reaction score
How do you get ficm tunes? Would I have to send it out or buy a programmer?

You can do either one.

Innovative and PHP both sell FICM tuners. MY understanding (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) is that with the Innovative tuner, once you tune your FICM that's it, there's no returning it to stock???

I have the PHP gryphon, it has all four of the FICM tunes offered from PHP and it doubles as a monitor as well. I watch battery voltage, FICM voltage, EOT and ECT on mine. It's $400 new. You can switch back and forth between any of the FICM tunes on it as well.

05wh250

Reaction score
You can do either one.

Innovative and PHP both sell FICM tuners. MY understanding (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) is that with the Innovative tuner, once you tune your FICM that's it, there's no returning it to stock???

I have the PHP gryphon, it has all four of the FICM tunes offered from PHP and it doubles as a monitor as well. I watch battery voltage, FICM voltage, EOT and ECT on mine. It's $400 new. You can switch back and forth between any of the FICM tunes on it as well.

Yes your correct on the innovative tuner not going back to stock.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
I have a Bullet prof 58v FICM and Innovative's inductive heating tune for DD and then there race tune for racing. Gained a lot of throttle response and seat of the pants HP on both but defiantly more on the race one, its just my race ficm tune wont start in cold weather.

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
Can these be ran with a stock truck all the way up to a compound set up 700hp truck? Will this mess with my gearhead tuning? I mean, I know it can't physically change it, but could it effect drivability in a bad way, or is it pretty much guaranteed to improve throttle response and maybe a little power?

Dave

Reaction score
Bulletproof diesel FICM and PHP FICM tuner is what I would do.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Can these be ran with a stock truck all the way up to a compound set up 700hp truck? Will this mess with my gearhead tuning? I mean, I know it can't physically change it, but could it effect drivability in a bad way, or is it pretty much guaranteed to improve throttle response and maybe a little power?

It's great for trucks with stock injectors... so for your theoretical compound 700hp setup... you would definitely have to work that out with a tuner. On stock injectors almost any truck will benefit, but with larger nozzles/injectors, you can easily make it run really hot and smoky without any real extra power gains. Just need to work with a tuner to make the appropriate changes.

Latest posts

Members online