Phone remote start

Barnbuilder

Reaction score
Getting ready to order a new one. I can't find the thread where the part #'s were listed for the remote start using your phone and what the other things that this option allowed you to do.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I did a bunch of research awhile back on this item.

Plenty of horrible reviews from alot of people. Something to do with it only working half of the time.

Might do alittle research of your own.

CurtisF

Reaction score
I did a bunch of research awhile back on this item.

Plenty of horrible reviews from alot of people. Something to do with it only working half of the time.

Might do alittle research of your own.

In order for the system to work, both the phone and the truck have to have 3G/4G signals.

Like any cell phone, the signal will vary. I've noticed that in most places if the AT&T signal is good, the Remote Access kit will work great. If not, most likely you're going to have problems getting a connection.

With a good signal, response time is usually 5 seconds or less. About as long as it takes to send a text message and get confirmation of delivery.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Just reading the reviews from iTunes app store on remote access was enough to turn me off. I'm sure not everyone has issues.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Sounds like an easy way to butt dial your truck to start

That would be a pretty awesome butt dial.
Password to get into android/iPhone and another password to launch the app.
Assuming the user does in fact use the passcode feature on their phone. Who doesn't

CurtisF

Reaction score
Just reading the reviews from iTunes app store on remote access was enough to turn me off. I'm sure not everyone has issues.
Yeah I've seen those reviews too. Most of them are signal related.

People think that any signal will work. In order for the app to work it MUST be 3G/4G only. That's why I tell folks that if they live in a rural area, don't get this system.

Problem I run into is that Ford has published almost zero information to dealers regarding this system. So sales consultants, parts dept employees, and service techs really don't have enough information to adequately explain this to the average customer.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Will this work on the 15's yet? The dealer wasn't sure if it was available for the 15's, and if it was, if all of the functions would work?

It will work on 11+ Super Duty, 11+ F-150, 15+ Expedition, 11+ Explorer, 11+ Edge, 15+ Mustang, 13+ Taurus, 14+ Fusion, and 13+ Flex.

The Escape, Focus, Fiesta, CMAX, Transit, and Transit Connect are not yet plug and play compatible.

MorganM

Reaction score
Does it work with the newest iOS... 8.1.3?

I haven't updated my phone to 8.anything because I read reviews indicating the app would no longer work.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Does it work with the newest iOS... 8.1.3?

I haven't updated my phone to 8.anything because I read reviews indicating the app would no longer work.
Yes it works. My wife and I both run 8.1.3 and we both use the app on my truck.

If you haven't updated in a long time, you may have to update the app too. At one point Ford dropped the old app and it was necessary to download a completely new version from the app store rather than just updating.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.