PHP Hydra alternative - if any

dsberman94

Reaction score
It would be nice if either company selling these would come up with a longer cable fr the switch to the chip also. I want to mount my switch and insight on the front of the upholders on the center console. I can buy a longer obd cord for the insight but the hydra switch cord isn't long enough. That would be awesome.

Lang

Reaction score
What I don't get is why NLTD, DP, etc won't sell tunes on other platforms. Seems kinda silly to me to LOSE business than to write on everyone that's available. I'm thinking about going to hydra from TS chip and I'll have to go with Gearhead/PHP.

dsberman94

Reaction score
What I don't get is why NLTD, DP, etc won't sell tunes on other platforms. Seems kinda silly to me to LOSE business than to write on everyone that's available. I'm thinking about going to hydra from TS chip and I'll have to go with Gearhead/PHP.

You could also go with powerstruck, wildman, and there might be one I'm missing.

Dan V

Reaction score

Think about it for a minute....right now EVERYBODY is fighting to tune on the Hydra platform. I don't know the number of Hydra's sold, but let's say it's 5000. Now you have, what, 10 companies fighting over 5000 potential customers? And some of the 5000 are just happy to load some PHP tunes and they are going to be happy. That leaves a smaller number for the custom tuners to try and capture as customers.

Conversely, and people are free to disagree with it, but how many F6 units are on the market? Compared to Hydra.....and as of now there are only TWO companies that write on that platform...two. Maybe there have been only 5000 F6 chip sold....but DP gets the first sale, and then maybe some live tuning. And now Dyno Proven will have access to that limited competition. Gearhead won't, Swamp's won't, Powerstruck won't, PHP won't....and they would like to have access/ability to write on the F6 platform.

Lang

Reaction score
Think about it for a minute....right now EVERYBODY is fighting to tune on the Hydra platform. I don't know the number of Hydra's sold, but let's say it's 5000. Now you have, what, 10 companies fighting over 5000 potential customers? And some of the 5000 are just happy to load some PHP tunes and they are going to be happy. That leaves a smaller number for the custom tuners to try and capture as customers.

Conversely, and people are free to disagree with it, but how many F6 units are on the market? Compared to Hydra.....and as of now there are only TWO companies that write on that platform...two. Maybe there have been only 5000 F6 chip sold....but DP gets the first sale, and then maybe some live tuning. And now Dyno Proven will have access to that limited competition. Gearhead won't, Swamp's won't, Powerstruck won't, PHP won't....and they would like to have access/ability to write on the F6 platform.

I did, for quite a bit. How STUPID is it to limit your market. I can choose between possibly 2 tuners if I go with F6 OR 5 plus on the hydra. Now instead of 10,000 possibly base of customers you limit yourself to half. I think DP took on NLTD bc the hydra has put a hurting on their sales (both in GA). Guarantee more hydra sales going on than any product at DP. I would like to run his tunes as well but not going to limit myself on who's tunes I can run.

Dan V

Reaction score
You guys are looking at it from your point of view....look at it from Dyno Proven's view. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I bet there was some thought put into the decision. That's all I'm saying.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Last I remember dynoproven had an issue with the way tunes were loaded into the hydra. Meaning the way the hydraflash software had to be used. Dynoproven thought that php had a way to "steal" their tunes once uploaded to hydraflash. This is just from what I last remember of the subject. Bill from php has sworn up and down that this is not the case and isn't possible. I believe that once DP tuner came along and whatever offer was set on the table by either company, they both decided that was a better route to take for their reason.

TyCorr

Reaction score
They both laid that one to rest^. Bill can steal just about anyone's tunes. He created the software for God's sake. Remember that.

I am not sure why anyone would be concerned about Bill stealing their tunes. Even right in front of him I don't think he'd care. He does the shti his way and that's it.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'm not saying it to start an argument. Just laying that out there. All I did was state what I last remember on the matter.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm not saying it to start an argument. Just laying that out there. All I did was state what I last remember on the matter.

Argument? You're still not listening. I explained that "what you rememeber" isn't factual and never was the reasoning. I even explained how. But go ahead and act like none of that matters. Holding your stance after all is promoting trouble when it's accusatory in nature and completely untrue. If you wanna say shti that pits one person against another either know the truth or be willing to stand by it either way.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Argument? You're still not listening. I explained that "what you rememeber" isn't factual and never was the reasoning. I even explained how. But go ahead and act like none of that matters. Holding your stance after all is promoting trouble when it's accusatory in nature and completely untrue. If you wanna say shti that pits one person against another either know the truth or be willing to stand by it either way.

Ok. I'm wrong. Must be what you wanted to hear. I'm not trying to pit on person against another. I read this stuff months ago. Maybe even sometime last summer. So as I just said. I'm probably wrong. I'm not gonna go look for where I read it at either. So I'm wrong. Move on with the thread.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
All you guys are talking about why his tuner isn't doing this or that while I'm sitting here trying to figure out how Joe made his red display change to green LOL

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Php came out with the green one a few weeks ago.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok. I'm wrong. Must be what you wanted to hear. I'm not trying to pit on person against another. I read this stuff months ago. Maybe even sometime last summer. So as I just said. I'm probably wrong. I'm not gonna go look for where I read it at either. So I'm wrong. Move on with the thread.

No. I knew you were wrong when you posted. I tried to explain how twice. You just don't listen. It's wise to be careful what you say. It may seem miniscule to you but someone else may find value in an untruth. That is all.

It's not a huge deal other than your assumption was dead wrong. Jason from nltd even said such.

Latest posts

Members online