Platinum grill

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
all factory grilles are expensive... but fewer people remove Platinum grilles to replace them with tacky aftermarket crap than do people w/ chrome or black grilles.

I've also seen where people ruin a platinum grille by painting them

bottom line is there are fewer of them around and people will pay a premium to have one... $1000 is cheaper than getting one from ford. supply and demand. Deals pop up on them. I saw one on Denver CL for $300

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
I have been watching for one for a while now. Never realized until someone had one on here how much they went for but I liked the way they look. If I can find a good deal I'll end up getting one. What is a good price for a full grill assembly? 1000+/- is what they typically go for?

Bigdiezel

Reaction score
Yup, I've seen em on eBay for $1500. So 1000-1500 would be the average market I'd say.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Let me dissect this Platinum grill, correct me if I am wrong....

- the grill surround is the same as a PTM one
- the " [ ] " are the same one chrome one
- the emblem is the same
- the bars are the only thing different. The bars have the expanded metal look.

Aside from the chrome "[ ]", the bars and grill surround are painted the satin silver/ brushed aluminum look.

Oh yea, there is a Platinum take off grill on E-Bay for $1800.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the grill surround is not the same as a PTM one. It has the unique platinum edition finish on it... as do the bars.

My complaint about most PTM jobs is that the paint doesn't actually match :eek:

I won't embarrass any forum members by pointing out their trucks! :eek:

So for someone who wants to set their truck off without making it look worse, the Platinum edition grill is one option.

I'm not saying the grill is worth that much, but people are obviously paying it. I picked up a pair of perfect bars for next to nothing from a guy I bought a set of wheels/tires off of. He murdered his OEM grill surround with a PTM job. I didn't feel it necessary to inform him that he basically set a thousand dollars on fire by doing so :eek:

Latest posts

Members online