Please help! Have some codes and trying to figure out what to replace

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2003 f350 6.0 powerstroke the truck has 248k. It's studded egr deleted sct livewire tuner (old blue screen one) also has updated stand pipes and blue spring mod. I been driving the truck and am getting p0283 p0284 p2285 codes. I clear the codes they come back. I did notice when running and driving the ficm will drop to 46 volts at times. What would you guys replace? The truck whenever it starts it don't just crank over and come
Right to idle rpm. It will start and have a very very slow idle barely running for couple sec and gradually come up to idle rpm. It seems to
Do that more after engine is warmed up
And you start it up vs whenever it's cold. Also I did notice that whenevr driving plugged into laptop that the hpop is a little weak at wide open throttle compared to the desired pressure. Please let me know what you
Guys suggest. Thank you for all the help! You
Guys are great!

Twinboys

Reaction score
I don't have those codes memorized... what are they? what does your laptop tell you about hpop when barely running at start-up?

Twinboys

Reaction score
Quick search found that your turbo may be leaking oil onto the icp sensor causing it to short out... Start there.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
Since # 8 injector is throwing both codes it's gonna need replaced. When they throw the circut code there is something wrong on electrical side of the injector, which can back feed and cause other 'ghost' issues. Also, if the icp sensor is leaking oil then it will need replaced. The 03's are notorious for this problem.

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
I do know something on the back side of my motor is leaking oil.
I'll buy a icp and change number 8 injector and see what happens thanks guys I really appreciate the help! The motor hasn't had many miles at all since it was studded.

Twinboys

Reaction score
ICP sensor may be fine... could be just the connector. I would fix that issue first to see if the more expensive injector is actually the ghost. Even if it also has an actual injector problem, that too could be just an electrical connection issue.

If it is the other way around, the injector (or it's O-rings) could be bleeding off your high pressure oil, making the icp the ghost.

Or it could be both or something else completely.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.