Please help! Having heater and water temp issues.

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
Hey guys my truck one one day driving home from work was normal and I had heat threw heater until the water temp hit 180 degrees. Then the heater quit blowing hot air and the water temp steadily climbed to 204 then my heater started blowing hot air again and water temp came back down to 188. I got the truck home and checked the antifreeze level and I added 3/4 gal. Next day going to work it did the same thing. Checked antifreeze and it was full. Then I drove home from work and it did same thing again. What do you guys thinks going on? I never had this issue ever on my truck. I was wondering if it was a air pocket but though it would worked itself out by now. I am not sure what's going on. The truck has egr delete if that makes a difference.

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
I have a very small leak somewhere close to the degas bottle. But I never have ever saw anything coming out around top or any residue of coolant coming out of top degas bottle. So I'm 99% sure it's not headgaskets. But the truck has 117k on it.

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Mine did EXACTLY the same thing. I did new t stats and studded it. the rubber around 1 thermostat broke away and I had a couple small leaks on one bank but not the other. Try thermostats first. They are cake to do. U need to fix that leak tho before you kill that front cover. That stupid chunk of metal is expensive.

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
Ok thanks! The leak I am having is very hard to find and been giving me problems trying to locate it

Latest posts

Members online