plugged spill ports

Jwarren

Reaction score
I am wondering about the second part of that question. Is it in fact true that spill ports NEED to be plugged once the injectors get over a certain size, or is that a myth?

175cc is max cc with a open spill port and that's driving plunger into the wafer plate with no room to spare.

From my smart car.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I was going to ask, do my 190s only flow 175cc then, because the spill port on my injectors is open too?? I'm in for info for sure.

If I were you, I would be more inclined to believe the flow sheets that came with the injectors.

I was under the impression that 200cc or so was big as you could go without plugging spill ports but who knows, it seems like there is some disagreeing information out there. I'm confused.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I agree Adam as that was the information that I have heard too. I'm mostly inclined to believe the performance that I have seen from my truck with my injectors. I think that unless my truck is a freak, I think I am flowing more than 175cc's of fuel.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
my 225s are plugged and the only audible difference is a choppy idle at operating temps.

it doesnt bother me.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Well, Nate, your tranny is somehow still in one piece so maybe your truck is a freak lol

Didn't Sheldon flow bench yours at like 188 or something so I should think yours about 190s. My 255s have the spill ports plugged, obviously, and they idle great, even when cold. Just a tiny bit of a choppy idle but hardly even noticeable.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well, Nate, your tranny is somehow still in one piece so maybe your truck is a freak lol

Didn't Sheldon flow bench yours at like 188 or something so I should think yours about 190s. My 255s have the spill ports plugged, obviously, and they idle great, even when cold. Just a tiny bit of a choppy idle but hardly even noticeable.

with matts tunes right? load up erics, go for a long drive, get the oil to 190* at least... put it in park and see what happens :lookaround: LOL

golfer

Reaction score
I am wondering about the second part of that question. Is it in fact true that spill ports NEED to be plugged once the injectors get over a certain size, or is that a myth?

It's myth/incorrect that injectors over a certain size have to have the spill ports plugged/welded.

windrunner408

Reaction score
...Didn't Sheldon flow bench yours at like 188 or something so I should think yours about 190s...

Well I'm not sure that this set was actually flow tested, but he did say that the way he cut them would flow approximately 187-189cc.

with matts tunes right? load up erics, go for a long drive, get the oil to 190* at least... put it in park and see what happens :lookaround: LOL

No I'm on Eric's Xtreme X tune right now. I like his shifting the best so far.

TooMuch03

Reaction score

Eric's XtremeX. Had the spill ports plugged on my 155s (don't ask me why) too and they idled the same, just a little choppier.

It's myth/incorrect that injectors over a certain size have to have the spill ports plugged/welded.

I am not doubting, I have no idea. Why then do some say that they need to be? Is there some advantage to plugging spill ports, or why would it be done at all?

golfer

Reaction score
....Why then do some say that they need to be? Is there some advantage to plugging spill ports, or why would it be done at all?

perhaps other avenues of increasing displacement haven't been pursued..

^ same could be said as to why would it be done at all.

it's about the least reliable method of increasing displacement, with ridiculously high failure rates.

560puller

Reaction score
Funny this thread is up and just got the new DP and has the Elite kits for 155/40s. Shows plugging the ports in the article.

Stroker04

Reaction score
How are you going to say that your 225s will flow around 225cc's with the spill port open? Theres no way that they are going to flow that..

Latest posts

Members online