Possible Injector Problem??

NIUHuskie

Reaction score
I have been having a whole slew of problems with my '06 F250 6.0L (SCT TSX - Light Non-studded tuning, RBP Turbo Back Exhaust, Cat Delete).

End of summer, noticed a slightly prolonged cranking cycle and white smoke. I programmed the EGR off, and the smoking stopped. The prolonged cranking cycle continued, primarily when truck was cold.

I unfortunately gelled this winter while driving down the highway and the truck shut down on me. The truck was towed to the local Ford dealership in the next town. The following day they thawed the truck out, replaced the fuel filters, and ran a few "tests", including an injector buzz. I was told everything was fine and ready to go.

About a week later while plowing, I noticed it was running rough at idle while in drive or reverse, or coming to a stop. Once in neutral and not under load, it was not as rough. I also noticed a loss of power around 2,000 rpm while driving.

I have done the below diagnostics since:
- I hooked up the computer and got codes P0336 and P0269.
- The FICM voltage checks out fine.
- Oil was recently changed after it began running rough.
- Motorcraft oil and oil/fuel filters.
- Injector buzz test has injector three sounding a little dull compared to the other cylinders.
- Obvious miss in a cylinder while running, smooths out some once at operating temp.
- Fuel pump started sounding really ill, and was also replaced.

Everything I am seeing is pointing to an injector, but I haven't found anything definitive with those particular codes. Does anyone have any additional feedback regarding this issue?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Get a buzz test when the truck has been sitting 12+ hours. Also ask the dealer to capture a cold start on the power graph. Sounds like just a typical injector to me.

patrick@WDI

Reaction score
More than likely stiction, what oil are you running?

We have new long side solenoids that should do the trick for you

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Snoop

Reaction score
Get the truck on IDS and do a cylinder contribution test on a cold start. You'll see your weak injectors right away. Weak injectors show their face at full load who his typically at 70mph turning about 2000rpms.

NIUHuskie

Reaction score
I forgot to add that I did a cylinder contribution test on a warmed up truck. It showed a slight, but noticeable downward trend on cylinder 3.

I will get another one done as well as a buzz test on a cold start.

I am running Motorcraft 15W40.

patrick@WDI

Reaction score
I would change to a 5w40 or 10w30 Schaeffer's or similar

Latest posts

Members online