Possible PCM Issue

Reaction score
I have been fighting with a p0620 code for the last couple weeks. I found a couple of other threads that were talking about the cables being chaffed. I pulled the cable trays off and inspected the cables but couldn't find anything. I ran the pinpoint test that was also mentioned in another thread and it concluded that I need a new PCM. I am just wanting to get some other opinions before I drop the money on a new PCM or see if I need an alternator. The issue that is confusing me is that the code/battery light is intermittent. It seems to be a heat dependent fault. The engine needs to be heat soaked for the dash light to come on. The light won't come on if the engine temp isn't above 190° but it also won't come on unless the engine has been at that temp for awhile and is heat soaked. Sometimes when I am going down the highway with the light on I will coast down a big hill and the light will shut off until I get back on the power. If I pull into my driveway with the light on I can open the hood and within 5 mins it will go off. Hopefully somebody can give me some insight into this issue before I just start throwing parts at it.

Members online

No members online now.