power and black smoke.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I have a hard time getting my truck to smoke at all on gearhead race. I get a light haze on takeoff under load and at WOT. Otherwise clear

one2nine

Reaction score
I really wanna tune my truck and do all the deletes its 2010 6.4 i want to improve my mileage and some more power i just dont no how much smoke it will blow the reason im asking is i pull my bass boat to the lake everyweekend and the last thing i want is smoke pourin out fadeing clear coat on my boat and carpet. Thats why i got rid of my cummins. I no there will be some haze i wanna know how much there would be i no with the rite tune there should be almost none if any at all. Direct me in the rite direction guys. I hope everyone dosnt think im gonna go around smoking everyone out.

I usually drop down to a lower tune for that reason. There were a few times I didn't drop tune and had a hazed over mustang show up at the track. You Custom tunes are always the way to go as these guys said.

OBS F350

Reaction score
+1 more for gearhead! I don't think he will reimburse you for tires, though. (You'll know what I'm talking about when you run hot street or race and try to lay on it under 30).

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
You can't get IDP extreme x to smoke at all. And it pulls really hard. But even leaving from a dead stop WOT it won't smoke.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

zack birge

Reaction score
Hey man in in the same boat or was...I pull my basscat every weekend several hundred miles. This was a concern I had also. I run the H&S mini maxx, but I downloaded the MCC software and had a buddy create me a tune off of the HD300 file. I gained good MPG both empty and pulling my boat, and its virtually smoke free! Maybe this will help!

zack birge

Reaction score
I just filled back up on lunch. So I will get a for sure number when I get more miles on the tank. Its definately better though. I have been averaging 15-16 depending on how I drive.

FreddyM

Reaction score
Glad some people feel the same! I run the 250 h&s tune on LBF 1 and my
Batmowheel cleans it up real nice. Almost no smoke at all
And a light haze even at a hard take-off. I was sick and tired of all the seats and canvas and carpet and trailer of my duck boat getting covered in soot after a 3hr drive with the 300 tune on LBF2

Latest posts

Members online