powerstroke straight pipe

7.3Diesel

Reaction score
Hello, i straight piped my truck a few months ago,nad just deleted the muffler. Usually, when it's cold it makes a really loud SSHSHHHHHHSSSSSHHH sounds until about 1200 rpms and then it goes away.

whats causing this....is it normal or what

sniper_101

Reaction score
You can just unplug it if it' causing an issue. It's the small dual wire plug down by the pedestal with the little metal retaining clip on it. It'll stay open if this is unplugged.

Halvy85

Reaction score
No... They dont.

The valve doesnt stick, the computer keeps them closed because your EBP sensor is plugged.

Ya that is probably the case with most but even with mine outa the truck and sitting on the bench the butterfly valve didnt function properly. It was stiff moving it by hand and if I pushed it closed it would stick there pretty hard.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've worked on hundreds and seen two that were carboned up... Its not a rash or major issue...

Strokin'99

Reaction score
Yep just the ebv. Makes some interesting noises when it decides to keep kicking in at part throttle going down a sidestreet early in the morning lol

7.3Diesel

Reaction score
Yep just the ebv. Makes some interesting noises when it decides to keep kicking in at part throttle going down a sidestreet early in the morning lol
Same here. When I drive it to school sometimes, its wierd driving past cars on the sidestreet.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Mine as stayed closed a couple of times, but then again it was 10*, hit the skinny peddle and nothing was happening.

I wont delete it till it causes more problems.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
you may need a t-stat if it continues to do it excessively after warm up, also check the IAT sensor in the air box for contamination

7.3Diesel

Reaction score
I just taker easy when it's cold. Slowly ease on the pedal, about a mile from home and only goin 45mph. Lol

Latest posts

Members online