Pro Comp or BDS Lift

Sarge03

Reaction score
Hey guys I've looked everywhere and seems that there are just as many Pro Comp's being run as BDS. I just bought a new 15' SD and can't decide on PC or BDS. The PC I'm looking at is the Stage 2 with adjustable reservoir shocks and the BDS is the 8" 4-Link system with the 5500 series shocks (standard BDS shocks). The price is what gets me. The PC is $1500 cheaper than the BDS.

How is the ride with these lifts? Which lift allows for more front end travel? I do a lot of driving on bumpy, pot hole ridden dirt roads. I want to have a smooth ride and steering but if I can do this with the PC lift and don't have to spend the extra $1500, hell why not. Any input would be appreciated guys. Thanks.

Kustom4x4

Reaction score
I got BDS, I can tell you the ride is better than stock, however the pro comp seems to be a good kit as well, I can't attest to day in and day out driving with pro comp but I have ridden in a few and they seemed like a solid kit. Sorry I can't help more, but I don't think you'd be disappointed in either kit! I opted for the BDS because I've always liked their products! And cost wasn't a major factor for me, and well not to mention I only wanted a 4" lift!

Sarge03

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I had had a 6" BDS on my F150 and LOVED IT! Rode better than stock. I don't have a budget really, just don't like throwing hard earned money away for a name brand that does perform any better than the next guy.

Jassman

Reaction score
Look at Carli, Icon..or my favorite especially for the coin and build quality.. PP..Pure Performance. Call Cary at CT Performance, he only sells top level suspension system, and gives excellent advice..or will sell components for the type of set up you are trying to achieve. I have the PP Chase set up..with the 2.5 adj. fox shocks up front and the 2.0 adj. in rear with leafs and a bag set up..this truck out handles the factory truck and rides way smoother, especially over pot holes. Its worth a call.. http://ctperformanceinc.com/contactus.html

http://www.pure-performance.biz/11-Pres-F250-6-Systems-s/1930.htm

https://www.youtube.com/user/PurePerformanceSus

JoesEX

Reaction score
I would say go for the BDS. I've had several of their lifts and all were good quality with lifetime warranties which is also nice. All of their kits rode better than stock. Carli and Icon also have good setups.

MEDIC350

Reaction score
between those two id say BDS no question. if your open to others id say PMF. there workmanship is incredible.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
PMF or Icon are fantastic options for these trucks. Let me know if you want some more info or pricing. We can always help you out on the pro comp kit too, if that fits your budget better.

Jomax

Reaction score
I went with carli, kit will be installed in about a week. I've ridden in carlis shop trucks. They're amazing. Sage is a shock valving genius. If you have the coin, get at least the pintop. It's WORTH it. I picked up their coilover bypass setup. Should be great!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online