Problem Again! Injectors

Tom S

Reaction score
Tom, as you know we deal with altitude issues at 5,320 feet as well as normal wear and minimal compression loss on my 300K motor. I needed to alter the delivery of fuel to favor these factors so smaller tips allow a wider area on the maps for me to tune within and adjust accordingly. For a 380-390 hp towing truck with good fuel mileage with no hazing when cold, crisp start ups, crisp acceleration and no black smoke at anytime at altitude is the reason why. Dealing with the race truck which has 190-200 psi compression cold and 400/400's takes up all my time tuning for every little change since the range in fuel delivered is so large it shrinks the area on the map for minor transitions from cell to cell. Does that clear it up? (No pun intended)

Thanks for the good answer. I debate about injectors from time to time and a post like that tones down my desires.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Why not go stage 2 split shot from swamps? Dont remember the numbers but they are nice because they work with a factory/split shot tune

rustbucket

Reaction score
I was talking about for the OP. All the said injectors are in the same horsepower bracket. So wouldnt the make close to the same power while being easier to keep cylinder pressures down?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.