problems with sct on a 6.4

scott2001

Reaction score
I just got my exhuast and installed my programmer, its for a 2008 f250

the livewire didnt give me any tunes to choose from other then the sctrandy tune, well i went ahead and used it. also i didnt get any trans options either

sct is not open on the weekend i already emailed them.

well i test drove the truck, its idel at 1000 rpms even when you foot is on the brake or after its warmed up.

need some help thanks

Gearhead

Reaction score
you have to run your egt sensors with the SCT (for the moment at least).

Newstroker

Reaction score
X2 - Plug your 3 EGT sensors back in and tie up under the truck. The front two are the exact same, the rear one has the extra shielding on the wire.

Newstroker

Reaction score
what ifi i couldnt get them out,

Be gentle on them. I had to try a few things. I would try a pipe on your wrench first, then a bit of heat if the pipe did not work, and then some PB blaster over night and start again with the pipe on the wrench.

scott2001

Reaction score
what is a price for them if they are screwed, also soot power called me back on teh sct he said my sct for for the old tune, ford reflashed my truck for me not knowing.

so now i have to find out which what is the number for the flash and call sct, i looked at their website but its not user friendly.

scott2001

Reaction score
ok much cheaper then i thought. sencond small one i have totaled screwed it up first a wearch, then vise grips which should be thrown in the garbage. lol
then a pipe wrech.

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
dont worry.. i had to buy new ones too.. mine wouldn't come out of my stock exhaust either.. i tried PB over night.. i tried heat, pipe wrench, you name it..

Gearhead

Reaction score
at the moment you have to have sensors with any of the custom sct tunes from any vendor

Latest posts

Members online