Problems

hiniker88

Reaction score
I am wanting to go through the HPOP system on my 03 6.0. I think i have a leak somewhere because when it is cold it starts right up.Put in a bottle of Rev-X and it seemed to help some on hot starts. When it is hot it idles rough and takes some extra cranking to start. It is especially rough after driving down the interstate for awhile. What parts do I need to get? Is there any writeups for this procedure?

loboost

Reaction score
I am wanting to go through the HPOP system on my 03 6.0. I think i have a leak somewhere because when it is cold it starts right up.Put in a bottle of Rev-X and it seemed to help some on hot starts. When it is hot it idles rough and takes some extra cranking to start. It is especially rough after driving down the interstate for awhile. What parts do I need to get? Is there any writeups for this procedure?

I'd start by pumping the system up with air...typically you can hear a leak when done that way, engine off obviously...

Typical leak points are injector o rings, dummy plugs & standpipes.

hiniker88

Reaction score
What fittings do I need? Where do I plumb into the system? My engine will not have a stc fitting correct? How many dummy plugs are there? 2 standpipes correct? Is there an o-ring kit that I can use for the upper injector o-ring? Just trying to get everything in order before I order parts and tear into it.

wiseguy

Reaction score
No stc on 03 03 does not have dummy plugs only 04+ need 8 ap0002 oring kits 8 for injectors. If that injector leaks on oil side replace the ball tube or it will fail again. 03 stand pipes usually don't leak the short line from stand pipe to rail is common the bleed screws on rails come loose is common. You really should air test it

hiniker88

Reaction score
well truck has still been running fine but it is getting harder to start sometimes when warm. i want to go through and fix all the common problem areas but not sure what parts i need to order. was going to order standpipes, injector orings and hpop hoses from strictly diesel. anything else that i should get right away since i am going to have the valve covers off? do they have similar harnesses under the valve covers like the 7.3s do? i am also going to do glow plugs at the same time

Mdub707

Reaction score
My buddy (DHFF) on here just went through this, ended up replacing the o-rings on the oil rails where it meets the injectors I believe. I'll see if I can dig up his posts.

hiniker88

Reaction score
Well havent really messed with anything on this in awhile. Got my CTS installed today and was watching a few things. One is that my FICM voltage will be 48v while cranking, but it will jump around and noticed that it would drop to around 45v while driving. Second is that watching the injector psi while cranking it will climb to over 1200psi and it is around 650psi at idle. Any ideas from any of this. I know that I need the center connector for the ficm, it is missing one of the locks. Any other things to check?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.