Product question: 5/16" QC to #6AN Adapter

PsRumors

Reaction score
I figure I would post this question here as it may benefit others.

Purchased the 5/16" quick connect to #6 AN adapter fitting found here; http://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2739-516-quick-disconnect-to-6-an-adapter-fitting.aspx

Great product and fits good and snug. Question is, how are these disconnected from the pump when the time comes a pump needs to be changed?

On the suction side of the pump the fitting comes up very close to the body of the pump.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Because of it's close fit to the pump body and the fact that we really don't like having o-ring QD type fittings on the suction side of the pump, that adapter was never really intended to be used there. You will probably have to use needle nose pliers to release it when the time comes.

PsRumors

Reaction score
Thanks, didn't realize the plastic just got squeezed to release the fitting.

What should be used on the suction side of the pump? I know these QDs are not optimal but not sure what could be done.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks, didn't realize the plastic just got squeezed to release the fitting.

What should be used on the suction side of the pump? I know these QDs are not optimal but not sure what could be done.

im assuming your running a new line to the factory pump? if so, you might be able to cut the quick disconnect off and use a #6 to 5/16 compression.

heres a link and picture.

http://www.anplumbing.com/Adapters/Aluminum-14.html
fitting_zpsbd32aa61.jpg

Last edited:

PsRumors

Reaction score
I didn't really want to go to a compression fitting on the pump. We plan to start traveling, pulling a trailer, in the spring. I want to be able to change pumps with minimal work, just in case we have to make repairs on the side of the road.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I didn't really want to go to a compression fitting on the pump. We plan to start traveling, pulling a trailer, in the spring. I want to be able to change pumps with minimal work, just in case we have to make repairs on the side of the road.

theres really nothing else you can do besides prep a spare pump with that compression fitting before hand.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Still to this day, we use 3/8" hose pushed over the QD locking ridge and double clamped. Leave a little extra hose and if you ever need to, just cut off the part that was installed and push the fresh section onto the new pump.

The QD fitting isn't guaranteed to be an issue, but they tend to "suck air" after the o-ring stiffens up and gets flat from heat cycling and age.

Latest posts

Members online