Project Silver Bullet

Jonathan

Reaction score
Well I bought my first 6.0 I've been looking for one to replace my duramax I use for work. The ford is just much better overall truck. Ended up getting an 05 f250 with 150k. Was supposed to have arp studs and an EGR delete. Turns out no studs just a Sinister EGR kit.

So far I've ordered new STC fitting, stand pipes and dummy plugs, Blue fuel pressure spring, DP Infinity gauges, Gearhead Tunes, Coolant filter kit, GOGO solenoid, and changed all of the fluids while adding Revx. Still have two injectors acting strangely and I'm throwing an FICM code. I'll try to put the meter on it tomorrow. Anything else I should be looking for?

The question I have is what do I need to do to check coolant pressure to see if my current gaskets are holding? If they are I'd really like to do a one at a time stud install. If they aren't I'll go all the way in. I'm trying to make a good reliable work truck here and I don't want to have to worry about gaskets a couple hundred miles away from home.

I'll try to get some pics up soon! Thanks!:fordoval:

Jonathan

Reaction score
Here are some pics. I want to get some stock 20s for this thing. I also need some inner fender liners. Any body have some they'd be willing to part with? I also attached a pic of the passanger side head to see if there was studs. That is a cylinder bolt isn't it? I guess I need to be ordering some studs.

Attachments

• F250 driver side front.jpg
    F250 driver side front.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • f250_cylinder_stud[1].jpg
    f250_cylinder_stud[1].jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 117

MINK

Reaction score
Big thinkg with doing them one at a time is it is very common for the exaust seats to crack on the heads.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Ugh, I really wanted to avoid studs. The whole reason I bought the truck is because they where supposed to be done. Then a buddy of mine pointed out you can tell just by looking. I was pissed to say the least. It seems 50/50 on people saying one at a time will and won't work. Whats the part list needed to remove the heads and do them besides studs and gaskets?

Jonathan

Reaction score
I really want to nip the problem in the bud before it gets to be a real problem. I know with my luck they'll puke at 2am, out of state, with 15k worth of valuabe stuff on an open trailer. lol Has anyone heard of people that did one at a time and it failed? The only one I could find was a guy that tried to fix them after they already went. I know Lubeowner has posted numerous times that he does one at a time.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Doing some looking and the lower corner tab of the current headgaskets are black. That would be the infamous Black Onyx Gaskets, correct?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.