• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

PTE 76mm Billet Turbo and Complete Wastegated T4 Mount Kit for a Superduty

V-Ref

Reaction score
Looking to downsize my turbo, for a more towing friendly setup.

Setup has about 15000 miles on it. Synthetic oil changes every 3K.

What's for sale?

4" Silicone 90 deg turbo compressor inlet boot
PTE 76mm CEA Billet Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing turbo PN PTB655-7675B
Oil feed/return
T4 mount Ceramic coated made from SS 304 (I believe)
Upper or intermediate pipe Ceramic coated
IC piping/intake Y all powdercoated blue
Boots/clamps
Lower down pipe
PTE 46mm wastegate (25.5 psi spring pack installed)
Turbosmart Boost Tee

Basically everything you'd need to go from zero to hero on a 76mm turbo kit for your hot street/racer superduty.

I was and still am very much impressed with Mr. Jake Enos's/Irate Diesel craftsmanship on the kit. The turbo can make in excess of 55 psi of boost, and made enough power with 200% nozzles to torch a Southbend CONFE clutch, and I've slipped a Southbend Dual Disc clutch 3 times (1 once on the street, twice on the dyno). Pre-locker it's broke the rear tires loose at 45-55 mph. When the turbo hits, it hits hard. I see 2-3 psi at 70 mph in OD @ SL on flat ground. Once you learn a big single, I can get it "lit" within 3-5 seconds on the highway. 2000-2200 rpm and 800+ deg is about when things light up. Precision rates this as a 1200 hp turbo, and thier methodolgy calls that a 120 lb/min turbo. That's probably stretching it some IMHO, but it does sound like a F-16 fighter is on a takeoff roll inside your drivers fender when it lights. Reason for change is with my man trans I'm smashing speed limits by the time this turbo comes alive, and I have to "drive around" (I believe this is referred to as "hammering down" in some towing circles) the turbo quite a bit for towing. I want to go to something a bit less on/off if you will, and am willing to give up the peak HP number for it.

Buyers bewares-

I've used this turbo. It's pegged a 60 psi boost gauge a couple times once I summoned the courage and in setting up the gate. The .81 undivided housing is 1:1 to about 30-35 boost, then drive runs away without WG tuning. I'd plan on spending the coin for the .96 housing that's available from PTE for this turbo if I was keeping it.

Some more buyer bewares. No lowballing offers in the thread please. Serious offers will be PMd or emailed. I don't need any pets, plants, bent pushrods, or stock head bolts either:) If you have a question about the kit, PM works best for me, and will help me keep the thread on track.

I'd like to move the whole kit as entirety first, before trying to break it up. When you lay over a 7.3 engine compartment putting this in...you come to appreciate the effort in making such a kit....hats off to Jake, and would like to see the whole thing running on another forum members 7.3 first before breaking it apart. The pricing reflects that I hope.

Replacement cost new
Turbo-2200
WG-350
Mount-1750
Ceramic/powdercoating-300
Boost Tee-75
90 deg Silicone intake boot-50
$4750 is what my math says.

$3250 shipped with a cash/money order/official bank check. Paypal = buyer pays transaction fees.

I've posted pics a bunch of different places....here's some pics and a vid to it below. Everything in that pic (minus the air filter) is what would arrive in a box.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16393&postcount=23

Last but not least...thanks for the interest and looking. Lots of awesome folks on here, with knowledge to share. :fordoval:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry to highjack BUT it is still a bump for you..

What are you going to go with turbo wise????

Is there Compounds in your sights??

V-Ref

Reaction score
No hijack, thanks for the bump.

Have you and Jake have conspired against me with this talk of compounds...:naughty:

I'd post up the next turbo setup, but I'm afraid after I post it, the plan might change after you read it :pointlaugh:

Seriously though...I committed 7.3 treason :swordfight:....looking to make my 7.3 a bit more daily driver/towing friendly, while a "big power" motor on a different platform is built on the side.

Sent this off to get all "punched out/benched/balanced/awesome-fied" a couple days ago...
i-hTxZ43w-M.jpg

V-Ref

Reaction score
Specs on the turbo are:

Compressor CEA Billet
76mm inducer
101.6mm exducer

Turbine
75mm exducer
85mm inducer

Two turbine housings are available from PTE
T4 .81 undivided
T4 .96 undivided

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the Replay V-Ref!! NO Jake and I have not Ganged up on you.. But we should ;)

Will look forward to seing what you come up with.. By the way that is a nice pump you got there!!

estrada5.9

Reaction score
No hijack, thanks for the bump.

Have you and Jake have conspired against me with this talk of compounds...:naughty:

I'd post up the next turbo setup, but I'm afraid after I post it, the plan might change after you read it :pointlaugh:

Seriously though...I committed 7.3 treason :swordfight:....looking to make my 7.3 a bit more daily driver/towing friendly, while a "big power" motor on a different platform is built on the side.

Sent this off to get all "punched out/benched/balanced/awesome-fied" a couple days ago...
i-hTxZ43w-M.jpg

Good P7100 there. 885 is off a 180hp auto trans Cummins.

Also does not have the retard notches like the 215 pumps.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Good P7100 there. 885 is off a 180hp auto trans Cummins.

Also does not have the retard notches like the 215 pumps.

Thanks! Look forward to seeing how much excitement I can wring out of this project. I forgot how much fun it was working on a motor outside of a vehicle :clapping:

V-Ref

Reaction score
For all that were interested....

After talking with Precision yesterday, and inspecting the turbo with the criterea they gave me......The turbo has too much end play/axial play on the compressor shaft then I feel comfortable moving on to someone else.

Turbo no longer for sale. Will post it back up when it comes back from PTE all freshened up, and has a 100% clean bill of health from them.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
350/200 for the first little bit the 400/200 for the last bit.. That is what I remember it being...

FWIW 250/200 would spool this turbo.. Even 250/100 would spool it with good tunning..

V-Ref

Reaction score
350/200 for the first little bit the 400/200 for the last bit.. That is what I remember it being...

FWIW 250/200 would spool this turbo.. Even 250/100 would spool it with good tunning..

Thanks Cowboy! That's exactly right on the Injs run. I think Elite uses this turbo on thier 6.4 compound setups...not sure which package/kit though. Either way, this ad is locked up for a bit.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Bump from way back.

Just got the turbo back from PT&E, I had asked for an inspection and to bring to "new/off the shelf" specs. That cost me a new compressor wheel and backing plate on the turbine side. Only cracked open the box to get at the paperwork, turbo is still in the box/plastic bag from PT&E.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Bump for price change.

$3000 shipped.

The only trades I'm interested in is for Cash.

Call/email/PM Jake what it would cost to replace.

Here's what I came up with....
2.2-2.5K for the turbo
350-450 for the gate
1550-1750 for the mount
100-300 for the coatings
100 for the WG controller
So you're looking at $4200 low end to $5 bills on the large end
To go fast...for real...not internet pretend...ain't cheap!

I'd rather sell it all together, as the intermediate pipe is setup for the turbine housing....so don't have a price for things seperated.

Thanks for looking.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Last drop before I have to try everywhere I can think of. Would really like to sell it to a forum member as a complete kit, as I think its a pretty darn nice setup. Id rather take it on the chin $$$ wise, to see it go together to a forum member....but at this next price...after shipping...Ill be lucky to recoup 50% of its replacement cost. My good will has limits too!

$2800 shipped

At this price, payment now will need to be with non bouncy personal check, bank check, or USPS money order. At this price level, your paying for the turbo and the WG and getting a SS304 ceramic coated mount/powder coated ic piping for free.

Jake supposed to get word soon on the specifics of some new Bell turbos...ill prob just roll it into a kit using two of those if this doesn't move.

Thanks for looking.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Damn, this is an amazing deal! Need some vw's? Lol

Thanks. I think it's a damn good deal for a turbo and a gate, with a bad ass ss304 mount and piping thrown in for free at this point. But its worth something to me to see the kit stay togetherand on a forum members rig/in their sig here down the road. :fordoval:

I just double checked...and yep...I'm all good on vw's at the moment.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Thanks. I think it's a damn good deal for a turbo and a gate, with a bad ass ss304 mount and piping thrown in for free at this point. But its worth something to me to see the kit stay togetherand on a forum members rig/in their sig here down the road. :fordoval:

I just double checked...and yep...I'm all good on vw's at the moment.

I think it is an awesome deal.... And if I could move some of this junk around here I would be all on it. Considering once I pulled off my 38r, bellowed up pipes and things like that I wouldnt be into it for that much cash. I'm sure by the time I can either sell my ranger or some of these vw's, you will have moved it but if not this would be perfect for my truck

V-Ref

Reaction score
Hey fellas....gonna try splitting it up.

If Jake launches his compound kit, and this hasn't sold, I will pull the WG/mount off the market.

Mount=$1500
Wastegate=$275
Turbo=$1750

Mount will need a new intermediate pipe to be fabbed for your specific turbo. It will come with two DPs..one is for an auto but has been massaged to clear a zf6 bellhousing. The other is a gtg zf6 dp. It Will need a new oil return line as its unlikely the one it will come with will be perfect unless your running a midframe PTE turbo. It would probably be best shipped back to Jake so he could get you squared away on details like these and make it a "bolt in" deal.

Turbo is still in the unopened sealed plastic from PTE. Ceramic coated .81 turbine housing.

Wastegate will come with the complete spring pack, spring pack installed is the 25 psi combo.

Please read above in previous posts about payment options. Lowball pms or emails will be deleted. This isn't to be a prick, but its an attempt to not waste your time or mine.

If you've got a V device individual award, a Medal for Valor, or a Purple Heart, or are a Sole Survivor, there's a different price...and am open to offers. Otherwise...the price posted is the final price. That's not a dig on anyone that doesn't have that stuff...just want to thank those that have made those sacrifices if they were interested in buying any of my stuff. Hope that doesn't ruffle any liberal feathers.

Thanks for looking.

Latest posts

Members online