pulled over for HIDs

Ronin

Reaction score
Not in the least. I just don't see a point in discussing a topic with someone who can't comprehend it.

Edit - I'll bow out and let you have the last post now. I can see that's what you're striving for.

Hmmm...quite the hypocrite it seems you are... (in my best Yoda voice).

You're all down on HIDs (in the "improper" housing of course) but you're all about your Rigid Duallys, http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9423. You made several "illuminating" comments in that thread...

You want the cops to crack down on HIDs (which are OBVIOUSLY made by terrorists), but all butthurt about your tint and getting fixit tickets from Johnny Law...

You'd like to be a cop, but admit smoking weed on the intrawebs... :thumbsup:

109-e9a6537e.jpg

Figured you'd like the picture, being "sniper_101" and all...is that your super cool XBox Live gamertag?...! You rock that when you're "powning noobs" in Modern Warfare? LOL

I get it Kyle, you're a kid (22/23) who works hard for a living driving a truck and can't stand it when some ass clown bothers you with their eBay garbage. I'm tracking with that and I've said it repeatedly, just be careful about the pot calling the kettle black and make sure your house in order before pounding on the keyboard with your HID holier than thou attitude.

So endeth the lesson.

Ronin

Reaction score
No, just lame.

Says the guy with "sensitive eye"...who drives with his fogs on all the time...

As far as retrofitting a projector housing is concerned, according to the way the law's written, it appears that they would still be illegal because they're not an original equipment bulb.

I contacted RetroSolutions for a quote on a HID projector retrofit on my truck. They don't list the F250 but using the F150 as an example it looks like they would run right around $1K. Unless I don't want my truck down I'd need to buy another set of headlights, and since I wouldn't want to use used ones for a project like this I'd be looking at about $350 for a set (unless I used Harley lights, which are around $500+ from Tascaparts.com). I also asked if the lighting I already bought could be reused, so I'm not sure what the answer to that is. So basically I'm looking at a minimum of $1500.

Checking out the Recon projector HID headlight for my truck (which you couldn't pay me to run because of (1) the Fast and Furious way they look (2) their well deserved reputation for making garbage products and (3) their equally well deserved reputation for not standing behind their garbage products.) I couldn't determine if they were street legal. There's no disclaimer that they're for off-road use only and there's no documentation that they're DOT/NHTSB/etc. approved either. Price wise they're $500 not including bulbs, etc. but around a third of RetroSolution's retrofit.

That effectively leaves me with only one option, which is about 7-times what I already spent on my HIDs. Since I'm already enjoying significantly more lighting that the stock headlights provided (and since Sylvania SilverStars and other similar bulbs are GARBAGE) and I haven't hurt anyone's feelings (except here of course, in cyberspace) on the roads here locally, I'm thinking I'm all set... :D

Latest posts

Members online