Pyro temps

torqueshift

Reaction score
how hot is too hot???? what temp does a stock 6.4 run on the pryometer???
i want to set my defuel at a responsible temp. i'm not a racer.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
The general rule is you don't want to sustain temps over 1200* for very long. I don't worry about temps on quick bursts. 1600 for a few seconds on wot runs is not a big deal. I know of plenty of trucks that will come close if not peg a 2000* gauge pulling or at the track. You have to remember these are exhaust GAS temps. It takes time to heatsoak the pistons etc to these temps. The only time I look at my pyro is towing really.

torqueshift

Reaction score
The general rule is you don't want to sustain temps over 1200* for very long. I don't worry about temps on quick bursts. 1600 for a few seconds on wot runs is not a big deal. I know of plenty of trucks that will come close if not peg a 2000* gauge pulling or at the track. You have to remember these are exhaust GAS temps. It takes time to heatsoak the pistons etc to these temps. The only time I look at my pyro is towing really.

Thanks LT.cfdeng7
i have my defuel temp set at 1200. i might move it up to 1400-1500. i first ran at 1450...it only got up there if i needed to rocket up an on ramp..then i would level off and it would drop below 1000.:ford:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Since. I have been running my crewcab with a Dpf on it and watching temps I have payed attention.

Wot temps will not go above 1275 on a long pull

During a regeneration temps can hit 1350 but then back down to 1275

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Since. I have been running my crewcab with a Dpf on it and watching temps I have payed attention.

Wot temps will not go above 1275 on a long pull

During a regeneration temps can hit 1350 but then back down to 1275

Thats how mine was Dustin, But my cruising temps were always higher stock than deleted

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If anything its gunna make egts higher by a little bit but it should help underhood/ intake air temps

torqueshift

Reaction score
Sgt. polluter,
i'm not stock...but my mods are geared towards the improvement of mpg and drivability issues...which i am doing well at improving. But....i am a lead foot and this truck brings it out in me...that being said...i worry a wittle bit, i do. i'm just trying to set my parameters to keep me from burning up this "on ramp rocket" i appreciate all the great input.:bowfast:

BFT

Reaction score
I have mine alarm set at 1600. Towing I hit as high as 1350+ but I average 1000-1100 when towing on long grades.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Mine is set at 1400. But my truck never goes over it full throttle on any tune. Its set there for more of a hey look, something is wrong kinda thing... I like my pistons too much to go any more. Lots of guys run them up a lot hotter, but there are a lot of cracked pistons out there too.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Like stated stock gets hot in regen and towing. I have seen it blurp over 1400 towing a steep grade when regen hit. Now towing I have to try to get it above 1300. I wouldnt worry about it too much.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.