Q-Logic Kick panels

Isaac3384

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. How do they sound, how much room do they take up, any complaints, etc... My current system is all aftermarket (I haven't looked at anything in the doors; all my speakers will be replaced soon. They're all pretty much blown.), but it will all be upgraded in the next 2 months. I was considering adding these to my 'list'. I'll be running 3 10s (2 behind the seat and 1 in a console box) and I feel like I may need a little more on the mid/high range to make it sound right...I like it loud...:)

husajy2u.jpg

wwillmon

Reaction score
i had a pair in my old 04 dodge. They were pretty nice, used some sound deadning material on the back to strengthen them a little but overall i was pleased with them. Sved me from having to fiberglass anything for the kick panels.

Isaac3384

Reaction score
I had considered installing some FatMat; my buddy is putting it in his suburban, so before I spend the money on it I'll get to hear his system before and after... I've also heard that the kick panels get in the way of your e-brake...how true is that?

jdc753

Reaction score
I would imagine they will get in the way, might have to adjust it so it only takes a couple of clicks to tighten. The main reason for kick panels is to equalize path lengths. If you are going to use them with a pair of speakers in the doors too, then the imaging will be short unless you could delay the door speakers. I don't see many people running them in super duties, I would definitely recommend backing them up with some deadener or whatever you can to stiffen them up as solid as possible.

Dirty Outlaw

Reaction score
I have them and they sound ok . No mid bass whatsoever I have infinity in them powered by a Rockford t400 when I redo my setup I will be fiberglassing pods for my doors with two 6.5 components

Isaac3384

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys

I'm supposed to go sometime this week to get a quote on different ways to do my stereo. I already have 6x9s in the doors, not sure what I have in the rear, and 2-10s that all run off a class AB amp. I'll probably continue to run the new f/r speakers off the existing amp and keep the 10s I have for 'mid bass' by turning the amp down. As it is now, it seems like they bottom out pretty bad when I crank it up. I'm still planning on running either 1 or 2 12s in a console box off a class D amp. I will probably still go with the kick panels, unless they can put more mods in my doors without taking my door pockets away...I'll post some pics after I get everything done.

Latest posts

Members online