question: upper sway bar link mount location

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
Hey Bros,i got a 02 f250,noticed the front sway bar link needed to be changed due to some bad bushings,I always hated the angle and clearance of the sway bar link, saw a vid on you tube of a guys rig, his mounts were located between the frame rails,unlike mine,my link mount location is below the frame rails,that gives me that crappy ground clearance, heres some pics of my situation,i've got some suspicions that the body shop may have mounted them incorrect after some front end repair,could these mounts be rotated and mounted between the frame instead of below? this could solve my clearance issue.

Attachments

• 0720120832.jpg
    0720120832.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 0720120848.jpg
    0720120848.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 0720120849.jpg
    0720120849.jpg
    654.5 KB · Views: 53

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thats the standard location for when you have a lift with the stock length sway bar links...

You can flip it back around if you want. Your lift has settled or you have taken some of it out because they should sit level or very close to level.

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
Thats the standard location for when you have a lift with the stock length sway bar links...

You can flip it back around if you want. Your lift has settled or you have taken some of it out because they should sit level or very close to level.

Yup,thats what i wanted to do,is roll those upper mounts between the frame,to level up the sway bar and link just was'nt sure if it would work:shrug: causing me some handling problems. thanks

TARM

Reaction score
I agree other than getting shorter links that is the best choice at this point.. Personally I would rather kept the mount in the original stock location and then use the correct length links if it this was the install of the lift..

Last edited:

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
I would just move the mount back to the original location.

yup when i get those new links, i'm just gonna roll those upper link mounts between the frame,instead of it hanging below the frame,giving the sway bar a little more clearance. from the road. thanks :ford:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I agree other than getting shorter links that is the best choice at this point.. Personally I would rather kept the mount in the original stock location and then use the correct length links if it this was the install of the lift..

Most 4-6" lifts just send you a little tab and then you flip the mounting location from inside the frame rail to below. It works fine and causes no issues.

The OP truck looks to have had a larger lift on it at some point, that has now been removed or settled severly!

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
Most 4-6" lifts just send you a little tab and then you flip the mounting location from inside the frame rail to below. It works fine and causes no issues.

The OP truck looks to have had a larger lift on it at some point, that has now been removed or settled severly!

my truck only has a pro comp leveling kit on it, just wanna raise it as much as possible,to avoid hang ups, while out rompin around.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Then someone removed a lift at some point or just was retarded. With a leveling kit there is no reason to touch the sway bar.

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
Then someone removed a lift at some point or just was retarded. With a leveling kit there is no reason to touch the sway bar.

my thoughts exactly, i take they were just simply retarded............some peoples children :morons:

Latest posts

Members online