Questions about h&s mini maxx

The-Fett

Reaction score
I am driving the truck up from San Antonio to Gillett Wyoming. About the truck 2011 ccsb king ranch fx4 dpf off h&s box tunes and a 5 in exhaust. I noticed while passing someone in Gillett on the performance tune I'm only building 23 lbs of boost with rail pressure from 29 to 27.5 ksi. Where as in San Antonio I would build 26 psi boost with rail pressure at a steady 28 to 27.5 ksi range.

What would cause the drop in boost? As I understand going up in elevation causes you to build more boost. what would cause 1000 ksi/psi change?

Truck has new fuel/air filters. oil was changed about 2500 miles ago running 5w40 amsoil. I also use power service if that matters

kampy

Reaction score
The altitude causes the loss in boost, the air is less dense. I think your understand it backwards.
Every turbo engine I've had boosts 2-3 psi more in Illinois @800 ft than it does here in NM @5500 ft, its even worse over 9000 ft in CO

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
he's saying he's seeing less boost but more rail pressure

the rail pressure just boils down to how the tune is mapped out. I wouldn't worry about it

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
he's saying he's seeing less boost but more rail pressure

the rail pressure just boils down to how the tune is mapped out. I wouldn't worry about it

exactly . these pumps are so TPS driven its crazy. they will not make full rail unless you are completely WOT . I would not worry about anything being seen here.

The-Fett

Reaction score
That is what I was worried about at the time this was at wot in Gillett Wyoming. It's back to normal now so I'm not as concerned it still does bug me though.

The-Fett

Reaction score
And honestly I'm a newb to the powerstroke game been gas job till I could afford a oil burner. So I am trying to soak up all the knowledge possible.

Latest posts

Members online