Questions on 364.5SXE

08Monster

Reaction score
Anyone running one on their 6.7? What kinda HP are the able to make with supporting mods? How's driveability and towing? Egts? Can't make up my mind between this and a Streetmax, but I like the price of this option better!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

maxxedout

Reaction score
I don't have an opinion on the 364.5 SXE, but I will say that you can't go wrong with the Streetmax. I have a about 30k on my 64mm Streetmax and couldn't be happier with it. I get a little over 16 mpg on average. (That's a mix of city and highway driving.) I'm not easy on the truck though, so I'm sure better mileage is attainable. Towing feels almost like a factory truck, just stronger up top. My horse trailer only weighs 7k fully loaded, but I wouldn't hesitate to pull a bigger trailer with the truck. Performance is definitely there too. It takes A LOT to hit my 1,400 degree EGT defuel, and the truck is just fun to drive. Also, you can't beat the great customer service from the guys at Midwest, so that's a plus.

08Monster

Reaction score
I agree the streetmax is probably the better choice, but at that price point, it's hard to bite the bullet... Lol

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I bet they would yield very similar peak numbers.

Just have to decide if quicker spool is worth whatever the cost difference is

08Monster

Reaction score
How much quicker would the streetmax spool? My 66 I had in my 6.4 wasnt terrible for lag, it was the old style. I assume the new style 64 would be quite a bit faster. Especially on a 6.7

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How much quicker would the streetmax spool? My 66 I had in my 6.4 wasnt terrible for lag, it was the old style. I assume the new style 64 would be quite a bit faster. Especially on a 6.7

Prolly 200 rpm quicker.

getstroked27

Reaction score
What Mike said^^^^ Just Depends on what you are using the truck for. we (MPD) have seen awesome results from the 364.5SXE chargers. Spool up isn't much slower than stock with dual pumps, and will end up making about the same power as the street max.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
After driving both set up's I prefer the 64mm SX-E over the vgt. Both seem to spool up about the same, and way less back pressure with the non vgt charger. The 64mm seems to pull a bit harder on the top end as well......Just my opinion:) Mike is right, they are about tapped out at 650hp though, but if the 64mm is not enough, there is a the 69mm option.

08Monster

Reaction score
This is the kind of input I'm looking for. Thanks!

DaCajun

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to be in the market for a Turbo for my little 6.7 build. It's going in an F450 4x4 Dually chassis with 4.88s out back. Yeah, that's some pretty steep gearing but I'll be running the taller 245s, just about 34" diameter", so that'll take away just a bit of the low gearing. And IF for some reason the 6R140's overdrive doesn't bring down the RPMs enough well then a GearVendor will be added behind the transfer-case, and that for sure would tone that bitch down at hwy speeds!!!

Ok, with all that being said, which Turbo would you guys recommend??? Oh yeah, the stock rods are gone, in their place will be the stronger 6.0 rods with ARP rod bolts. I just can't justify $3500 for billet rods, this being not a race truck and all. But I am thinking of going with dual fuel pumps as well. I want to make some torque man, and the horsepower that'll come with it will just be a bonus!!! :redspotdance:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to be in the market for a Turbo for my little 6.7 build. It's going in an F450 4x4 Dually chassis with 4.88s out back. Yeah, that's some pretty steep gearing but I'll be running the taller 245s, just about 34" diameter", so that'll take away just a bit of the low gearing. And IF for some reason the 6R140's overdrive doesn't bring down the RPMs enough well then a GearVendor will be added behind the transfer-case, and that for sure would tone that bitch down at hwy speeds!!!

Ok, with all that being said, which Turbo would you guys recommend??? Oh yeah, the stock rods are gone, in their place will be the stronger 6.0 rods with ARP rod bolts. I just can't justify $3500 for billet rods, this being not a race truck and all. But I am thinking of going with dual fuel pumps as well. I want to make some torque man, and the horsepower that'll come with it will just be a bonus!!! :redspotdance:

if you want to keep towing i would not go bigger than a 64.5 , 66 MAY work with your gearing but i wouldnt wanna find out. let me know if i can help .

DaCajun

Reaction score
if you want to keep towing i would not go bigger than a 64.5 , 66 MAY work with your gearing but i wouldnt wanna find out. let me know if i can help .

Well do!!!! Yeah, I was thinking that low gearing would help somewhat. But also once you have a load on the engine, shouldn't that cause the turbo to light up just as well right??? Now that being said, I would like it to drive real good empty just as well.... So maybe go with the 64.5 and I can always add low pressure turbo into the mix later on, right???

So the 364.5 SXE, that's a T4 turbo right??? Would that work ok later on in a compound configuration??? Please bear with me a bit, I'm still learning this diesel world!!! And I do appreciate the help and info!!! :thumbup:

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Well do!!!! Yeah, I was thinking that low gearing would help somewhat. But also once you have a load on the engine, shouldn't that cause the turbo to light up just as well right??? Now that being said, I would like it to drive real good empty just as well.... So maybe go with the 64.5 and I can always add low pressure turbo into the mix later on, right???

So the 364.5 SXE, that's a T4 turbo right??? Would that work ok later on in a compound configuration??? Please bear with me a bit, I'm still learning this diesel world!!! And I do appreciate the help and info!!! :thumbup:

Lower gearing will definitely help your spool up. Just 3.31 to 3.73 swap helped a ton on mine.

Its not a 364.5 but its close. I love my 6466 Precision. Made 655hp to the wheels on 35" MTs and spools amazing. I wouldnt hesitate to tow heavy with it. You could definitely compound a 64mm down the road if thats not enough for you.

I wouldn't be scared to bump up right off the bat to a 66 or even bigger. These 6.7s love to move air and drive amazingly well with singles IMO.

12FlowerStroke

Reaction score
I wouldn't be scared to bump up right off the bat to a 66 or even bigger. These 6.7s love to move air and drive amazingly well with singles IMO.[/QUOTE]

What's your thoughts on larger non vgts. What's the largest you could spool on stock fueling and still have drivability. I have a s472/83 .90 that I plan on doing but want to know if I need dual pumps before or if I could wait a little while. Thanks

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What's your thoughts on larger non vgts. What's the largest you could spool on stock fueling and still have drivability. I have a s472/83 .90 that I plan on doing but want to know if I need dual pumps before or if I could wait a little while. Thanks

i wouldnt go over a billett/sxe 66 on stock fuel.

12FlowerStroke

Reaction score
Really. What kind of power do you think is capable with dual pumps and stock injectors? I understand I will need rods before being able to turn it but I'm just curious.

Latest posts

Members online