race truck's new setup

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Didn't the old setup do 9XX on fuel on this dyno? I would assume that with the current setup (once the bugs are worked out) 1,000+ fuel only isn't even in question. Add the 104mm to the mix and 1200 fuel only should be doable.

F250stroker08

Reaction score
Wow i guess i wasnt even in the right frame of mind...

Any plans to add nitrous again in the future, or is it pretty much set up for fuel only now?

This is just my guess. I mean if they are already at 930 on the 95mm atmosphere not tuned in precise, just imagine what they will be at with the 104mm billet tuned in :toast:

01PSD

Reaction score
Just a matter of tweaking and tuning :evil
I keep telling myself to make the hour drive north to see this thing in person LOL

01PSD

Reaction score
I saw it make a test run a month or two ago here at a local 1/8th mile track, sounded totally different in person that's for sure. Can't wait to see it in action now!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Guys he did 930 on 3/4 throttle. Their still ironing out the kinks, as it sits I'd be willing to bet this truck will do well north of 1000 on fuel no problem at all.

Reaction score
Basically blew the headgaskets on the dyno, studs were wore out and was probably our fault for reusing them. Took about 7 hours to change out the heads and gaskets and we left down for PRI without really running the truck. Drove it around the parking lot before we took it down the track and everything seemed good. First pass was 6.7 which is .1 away from our best fuel only time ever, not too bad for the first pass. Second pass was a 6.8 and something locked up on the bottom end of the motor. Either bent some rods or spun some bearings. FYI, stock motor and heads do not like 100+psi. It's still sitting in the trailer, waiting for the race motor to be done. We will keep everyone posted as we make a few changes over the winter.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ill be curious to see what exactly failed on the bottom end of the motor.

Pmr rods like to break before bending I'm wondering if it spun a bearing.

Good luck on the engine build and keep us posted. Going to be rowdy!

Latest posts

Members online