Radiator leaking

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Pulled the truck into the garage todo the front brakes. I see coolant drips on the ground. Now wtf, look under the truck and see this. uploadfromtaptalk1407892469279.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407892479513.jpg

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Gotta love the plastic end tanks! I'm so glad alradco started making radiators for the 6.4. I think they're thinking about making ones for the 6.7, but I'm not positive.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
In all fairness you guys up north put a truck through more of a trial in life than us southerners do with your big temperature swings and really cold winters. Move to the south. Trucks stay together longer! Lol.

Agjake11

Reaction score
I had mine do that around 25-30K and fixed under warranty. i do think it had something to o with rough terrain driving but havent had a problem since it was replaced.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Crap parts in an overpriced truck. I love the fords but jesus I hear a ton of issues like this from people.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
In all fairness you guys up north put a truck through more of a trial in life than us southerners do with your big temperature swings and really cold winters. Move to the south. Trucks stay together longer! Lol.
Not bad it goes from -40 to 100* through out the year lol.
I like Montana & Colorado, but than again temp change lol

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
My radiator started leaking in the common driver side petcock area at 50k miles. Other then that the truck now has just shy of 70k miles and running great.

I guess turbos & radiators are NOT " built ford tough"!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Does your battery have a positive post? All I ever read is negative from you!! Lol.

Yea. In a thread about a newer truck that has issues, what did you expect? "Hey bro, thats fantastic that your radiator is leaking!" There are people piling in these threads when someone has an issue "mine is doing that too".

I just got rid of a two year old truck that had a hundred and some change on the odometer because we could barely keep it running. So yea, I think my comment stands. Doesnt really matter if its a ford, chevy/gmc, or ram.

Its cool that people love the 6.7s and the interiors are top notch but running 60k miles per year, I dont have time for crappy stock fuel systems and a driveline that exhibits vibration issues after 40k miles because ill have that on this truck way before a year is up.

My post wasnt so much negative as "Hey Ill take my 15 year old motor technology in a new truck" lol. I know at 100k miles the drivers side manifold bolts will probably break. The fuel pump will sound like it has gravel in it around that time. Turbo will go shortly after that. Its gonna start leaking coolant and oil anyday since I have 10k miles on it. Of that Im positive. I think since the superduty costs more than the other two, they are using cheap parts on the most expensive trucks. Thats all.

Ive got a 14 duramax/alli 3500 srw cclb z71.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Really too bad they didn't at least fix the radiators for the 6.7, they knew it was a big issue on the 6.4's, must have been a larger big money maker to keep it the same for the 6.7, at least we have Alradco!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Alradco hasn't made one for the 6.7 yet. The truck has only been out for 4yrs.

Ha ha....they make a nice radiator! Cant you put one from a 6.4 or 6.0 in it. The hoses would be off prolly...just an idea

Latest posts

Members online