• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Random shut off 7.3 HELP

jban126_f350

Reaction score
So my truck will start up fine idle at a little lower rpm then normal. It will run from 1-10 mins then randomly shut off. Although before it shuts off the truck starts to run rough. I replaced the CPS. Checked the EBPS and it wasn't to bad plus it wasn't throwing a code. :doh: I plugged a scanner into it and had a few codes that cleared out but one. P1280. The code has something to do with icp I believe. I'm not quite sure what it is. From looking at other forums I saw that it could be the idm. I want to be sure before I start spending more money. I just put a new transmission in it and now it won't stay running. It is a early 99 f350. If I could get any suggestions it would be great. I work at a local diesel shop and was told that IDM's need to be programmed for your truck. Is that true? Because I was looking on swamps and it didn't look it. Please help!! :bs:

MossBack

Reaction score
So my truck will start up fine idle at a little lower rpm then normal. It will run from 1-10 mins then randomly shut off. Although before it shuts off the truck starts to run rough. I replaced the CPS. Checked the EBPS and it wasn't to bad plus it wasn't throwing a code. :doh: I plugged a scanner into it and had a few codes that cleared out but one. P1280. The code has something to do with icp I believe. I'm not quite sure what it is. From looking at other forums I saw that it could be the idm. I want to be sure before I start spending more money. I just put a new transmission in it and now it won't stay running. It is a early 99 f350. If I could get any suggestions it would be great. I work at a local diesel shop and was told that IDM's need to be programmed for your truck. Is that true? Because I was looking on swamps and it didn't look it. Please help!! :bs:

You need to post in the right section dude. This is the classifieds !

The idm doesn't need to be tuned to the truck. I have had a truck that kept giving me #8 high to low side open after a set of stock reman injectors. I replaced it with another and same code. Pulled everything apart measured resistance and finally in a last attempt I pulled my idm from my 97 and put it on the 2002 and it ran great!

Latest posts

Members online