Real Tuning

strokin20

Reaction score
Do any of y'all know what the 17's put down stock? According to The Fast Lane, they got 387 out of a dually. Taking that number, and adding other tuners claimed power added numbers of 200-230, I'd say they're right in the ball park of 600. Unless of course those claimed numbers are ludicrous as well. But hell, this is all dyno talk so who knows what's real until someone sends one down the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Do any of y'all know what the 17's put down stock? According to The Fast Lane, they got 387 out of a dually. Taking that number, and adding other tuners claimed power added numbers of 200-230, I'd say they're right in the ball park of 600. Unless of course those claimed numbers are ludicrous as well. But hell, this is all dyno talk so who knows what's real until someone sends one down the track.

380 is average. it'll make 540-550 on average dyno's .

strokin20

Reaction score
is that number with the stock turbo, a piping kit, NL intake and all the newer HPFP will put out? I thought I had read somewhere a piping kit was good for like 25-30rwhp on a stock turbo

I remember when the No Limit intakes for the 2017 first came out, they posted an approximate gain of 20-30 HP if I remember correctly.

F

Floorboard79

i seem to recall installing the above mentioned pipe kit, intake and an intercooler? put close to 575 to wheels with stock fuel and turbo. someone please correct me

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i seem to recall installing the above mentioned pipe kit, intake and an intercooler? put close to 575 to wheels with stock fuel and turbo. someone please correct me

typically this is correct, possibly 585 , i was just saying tuner, intake exhaust on 11-16 usually ends up around 550 , give or take 10 .

SeeYa

Reaction score
Does anyone know how far away "real" tuning is? It seems like all that's talked about is the OE "export" tune and the TS module, neither of which are worth the $$$ to me. I'm just wondering if there's anything on the horizon yet.

DP-Tuner has tuning available for the 2017's. OBDII programming and monitoring using our Infinity Mini.

Black AOD

Reaction score
HPFP doesnt matter now for 17's...been the same since the 15's...the intake, I/C and piping kit will probably add a few more hp like Mike said but you also have to think about what wheels and tires you run. That heavier rotating mass from a big 35x12.50 or the guys who do the really wide 35s or go bigger to 37s with a 20 or 22 especially if they are a 10 or 12 wide, that's heavy and that will kill your whp #s

IMO I think for a leveled trucks on 35s with a 20x9 or 20x10 wheel which is a common setup, you'll see probably 550-560whp with an intake, exhaust, dleeted/tooned, piping kit and an I/C.

That's on an accurate dyno. Go run it at a truck after that and see if it can be backed up that way

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
So I put a SOTF knob in my truck last week and it won't work, it is the GDP one. Anyone else have issues? It is locked in 5 positions checked the wiring over and over made sure the pins didn't slip out etc. Finally un plugged it.

F

Floorboard79

Try adding the pid in ez lynk to show what position its in to verify its not working

I had issues with mine at forst one of the pins hd pushed out just enough not to make contact

redneck1

Reaction score
You can use the led on the back of the switch you verify it's working or not. Can't remember the exact sequence but the led light will change when you switch. Iirc, it changes from bright to dim or something like that.

The pid doesn't work in my 16. But maybe the 17 is different.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
**Patriot Press Release for 9/11/17**

Announcement: Patriot EZ LYNK Support

As many of you know, Patriot Diagnostic Systems specializes in the programming and production of Ford Power Stroke tuning devices and software - primarily on the nGauge and nDash device platforms.

In 2016, Patriot adopted and implemented software support for EZ LYNK AutoAgent devices. Despite our primary use of the two aforementioned devices, we felt that adopting an additional platform would serve our customers well. Beginning in late 2016, EZ LYNK launched changes to their cloud-based software that caused an incompatibility with a portion of Patriot's tuning, namely, 2013MY and 2014MY support. This is an issue that remains to be solved and has inconvenienced a number of our customers.

Recently, in 2017, more issues have arisen with the advent and product launch of EZ LYNK based 2017MY Power Stroke support. EZ LYNK and other tuning suppliers have decided to go forth with calibrations in excess of 100RWHP without Transmission Control Module reprogramming support. Patriot Diagnostic Systems strongly disagrees with calibrations over 100RWHP gains on stock TCM calibrations.

Installing higher power levels without TCM calibration changes will cause transmission damage, soon or further down the road. Stock transmission control software is not designed to cope with these higher levels, nor can it properly adapt to such. Stock transmission line pressures simply provide too little holding capacity for significant power increases, before or after transmission adaption. Clutch damage will occur over time. As such, Patriot has not and will not be offering ECM tuning without TCM support. nGauge and nDash devices already support ECM and TCM simultaneously.

Due to questionable and misleading advertising from some EZ LYNK calibration dealers concerning 2017 Ford ECM-only support, some of which are tied to ownership and management of the corporation, Patriot has decided to discontinue sales of EZ LYNK AutoAgent devices and calibration support packs for that device. Rushing a half-supported product to market, destined to damage customers' vehicles, shows an interest in profit over product and is a decision our company cannot stand behind.

Support for current Patriot EZ LYNK devices will continue in the capacity that is permitted through software limitations mentioned above.

Copied from fb this morning..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online