rear drive shaft

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Hey guys I need your help. About 4 mouths ago the driveshaft broke on one of the work trucks. It's a 1997 f.250 powerstroke rclb. And I can't find one for it anywhere even the ford dealership by our farm can't get one. Calling junk yards and savage yards everywhere can't find one. The piece on the driveshaft that broke Is the piece that goes on the transfer case shaft and has 4 bolts that bolt it on the driveshaft. If anyone can help me out and knows where I can find one please let me know thanks.

Attachments

• 20141111_105336.jpg
    20141111_105336.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
Reaction score
That is actually the output yoke on the transfer case that broke. How in blazes did you do that?

You have the BW4407 transfer case which was a 2 year Ford only deal. So harder to find. Anyway, the drive shaft itself can be handled by any good driveline shop.(if it was damaged) Nothing special. The TC output yoke may be a little harder. I get lucky with car-part.com. And look for listing that say it is a core, they the yoke will be able to be romoved. Also don't be afraid to look in western Canada, had good luck a couple times on car-part.com seems thay have lots of dead oil field trucks around. Also might find at national drivetrain or other online gear shop. A quick search revealed several TC's as low as $100, likely somene will sell just the rear output yoke.

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Thanks a lot will check out those places you suggested. And I honestly don't know how it happened one of guys that works for me took it to feed the beef cows. then he called when he was done and said the truck won't move. went there to see what happened and this was the result. We actually have the drive shaft made already but no one that have talked to at this point can find that yoke. Yes it's one those one year deals that ford put the 97s diesels and 460s and that's it.

Reaction score
Hah, I didn't even think about you being a cattle man too. I don't answer a lot of posts but something made me answer yours. I ranch too out here in Cali, at least as long as we can hold out against the drought. I never thought of a cattle ranch in Maryland! We use the 91 in my sig to feed all the time, never broke anything though. My wife feeds more often than I do, plus I've been in Montana for a year. Let me know if I can help with locating a yoke, I'm a pretty good sleuth and know a few drivetrain people.

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Yes cattle man out here in the east. Also crop farm along with dairy cows. About 2000 acres total, yes I love the truck 97 powerstroke so much that I actually bought a another so i actually have two of them. The one that is down is the automatic one the other one is manual. And thanks for the info I will start looking at 96s as well just the guy at the dealership told us that it was only in the 97s so that is what I was going with. And I will let you know and update if I find it or need further help with this.

JD3020

Reaction score
Its my understanding that the 4407's were in all 96/97 250's and 350's, no matter the engine. So check all the ones you can find. The only other T-case is a BW 1356 which was in the 95 and older trucks. All the 1356's rear output is a slip yoke versus the bolt on flange of a 4407, so it should be easy to tell the difference between em.

Latest posts

Members online