Relocate Steering Stabilizer?

sniper_101

Reaction score
Anyone relocate the stabilizer on an earlier truck to the drag link like the newer trucks, or elsewhere? Any pics, or is there a kit? (I haven't looked much at a newer truck to see if parts and mounts will transfer)

My 2nd Bilstein in 2 years is bent and has failed. I won't be replacing it until I find a solution with a better location.

Thanks

ToMang07

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks.

I have the Rough Country Dual kit, it has brackets that attack to the u-bolts, and the the stabilizers go between the brackets and the tie-rod bar. I figured if one fails, I still have another, and I like the aesthetic look of duals. They are 3 years old now, still work great with no leaks.

LiftKitInstalled020.png

LiftKitInstalled016.png

LiftKitInstalled019.png

LiftKitInstalled018.png

sniper_101

Reaction score
Snow drifts destroy them on my truck. I had to weld the u-bolt perch under the pass. side leaf already due to it cracking at the stabilizer mount.

I need to move the stabilizer up either to the drag link, or above the tie rod. The dual setups simply won't last for me.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Snow drifts destroy them on my truck. I had to weld the u-bolt perch under the pass. side leaf already due to it cracking at the stabilizer mount.

I need to move the stabilizer up either to the drag link, or above the tie rod. The dual setups simply won't last for me.

I've driven through a lot of snow with them on, as well as general off-road, and some frozen banks. They have held up surprisingly well.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Well if I'm bending my single stabilizer in the stock location, I'm not going to add a second right next to it to destroy as well.

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
I need to do this as well. The stock location is too exposed. I destroyed mine yesterday when she broke through 7 inch thick ice. She ran just fine with out it the rest of the day, and the trip home. Digging those tire size chunks of ice out from around the oil pan was not fun in the cold muddy water.
Backingout_zps32a3c40f.png

Latest posts

Members online