remote start

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Yes you can, you have to scroll down to settings on the info screen using the arrows on the steering wheel. There is a general settings menu where you can set the timer. Truck has to be in park when you do it IIRC. I set mine to 15 minutes.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
15 is the max you can push the same let cycles while it's running to reset the timer. You can only do it once

CurtisF

Reaction score
What they said. Here I'm going off memory....

Go to Settings<Vehicle<Remote start. From there you can find the options to change your HVAC, run time, and other settings.

15 minutes is the max run time, and you can remote start one additional time before a key cycle is required. This is standard on all Ford remote start kits.

mattmal9

Reaction score
I have the factory remote start on my 11 350, can i change the run time also? I don't have the larger display, just the smaller basic one. I would like to extend the time also.

CurtisF

Reaction score
I have the factory remote start on my 11 350, can i change the run time also? I don't have the larger display, just the smaller basic one. I would like to extend the time also.

On your steering wheel, hit the Setup button repeatedly until you see remote start. Hit the Reset button. From there you can enable or disable remote start, and change your runtime to 5/10/15 minutes.

Stroker67

Reaction score
Wonder how much it would cost to have this option added to my 13 f350? Seems like it would be a nice option to have, is it even possible to add?

mattmal9

Reaction score
Wonder how much it would cost to have this option added to my 13 f350? Seems like it would be a nice option to have, is it even possible to add?

Yes it can be added. Install is very simple, it gets mounted behind the glove box and plugged into the antenna module. Don't remember the cost, but if you decide to install yourself you will have to have it activated by the dealership.

CurtisF

Reaction score

11's and up technically have 4 different remote start options from Ford that you can add.

- Keyhead Remote Start - shortest range, cheapest option, remote start button on key. You get two new keys with the kit.

- One-Way Long-Range - extended range over 1000 ft. You get a new FOB, not a key. Also upgrades the factory alarm adding a dual stage shock sensor.

- Bi-Directional Long-Range - extended range over 1000 ft. Again you get a separate FOB, but this one chirps and blinks to let you know the truck started and is running. Also upgrades the factory alarm adding a dual stage shock sensor.

- Remote Access - remote start on your Android or iPhone. Unlimited range as long as you have cell service, does cost $50 a year for the subscription. Upgrades alarm like the other kits, but can also send alerts to your phone when the alarm is triggered.

Those are the kits that Ford sells. The nice thing about them is that they are all plug-in kits, meaning there's zero wire splicing that the aftermarket kits require. Everything is computer controlled and interfaces with the driver information display. It also works with your HVAC to automatically warm or cool your vehicle.

If you have more questions let me know. I train Ford service techs on how to install these.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Yes it can be added. Install is very simple, it gets mounted behind the glove box and plugged into the antenna module. Don't remember the cost, but if you decide to install yourself you will have to have it activated by the dealership.

The new kits are even easier than that. :D

But yes they still have to be activated by the dealership.

mattmal9

Reaction score
11's and up technically have 4 different remote start options from Ford that you can add.

- Keyhead Remote Start - shortest range, cheapest option, remote start button on key. You get two new keys with the kit.

- One-Way Long-Range - extended range over 1000 ft. You get a new FOB, not a key. Also upgrades the factory alarm adding a dual stage shock sensor.

- Bi-Directional Long-Range - extended range over 1000 ft. Again you get a separate FOB, but this one chirps and blinks to let you know the truck started and is running. Also upgrades the factory alarm adding a dual stage shock sensor.

- Remote Access - remote start on your Android or iPhone. Unlimited range as long as you have cell service, does cost $50 a year for the subscription. Upgrades alarm like the other kits, but can also send alerts to your phone when the alarm is triggered.

Those are the kits that Ford sells. The nice thing about them is that they are all plug-in kits, meaning there's zero wire splicing that the aftermarket kits require. Everything is computer controlled and interfaces with the driver information display. It also works with your HVAC to automatically warm or cool your vehicle.

If you have more questions let me know. I train Ford service techs on how to install these.

That's awesome, I wasn't even aware that Ford offered that many different types.

Jomax

Reaction score
Can this be installed on a 2012 focus?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CurtisF

Reaction score
all 4 options have to be actuvated by the dealership?
Technically...... no. As long as you have IDS you can install and activate the short range and both long range kits. You will need to cut keys for the short range kit.

However, remote access from your cell phone does require activation at a dealer because it must be done by a Ford employee who has an authorized login.

How much does the iPhone one run ?
Most dealers charge around $700 or so installed. The hardware isn't cheap. Also there is a $50 per year subscription.

Can this be installed on a 2012 focus?
No. The Focus is not CGEA compatible. Currently only half of the Ford lineup is CGEA, by early next year all of them will be.

k7lvo

Reaction score
Technically...... no. As long as you have IDS you can install and activate the short range and both long range kits. You will need to cut keys for the short range kit.
What is IDS and DLC and can you tell me how to program the keys for the ignition and entry after they're cut?

TIA,

Latest posts

Members online