remote start

CurtisF

Reaction score
What is IDS and DLC and can you tell me how to program the keys for the ignition and entry after they're cut?

TIA,

IDS is the Ford diagnostic tool used in all dealerships.

DLC is the data-link connector, also known as the OBDII port.

To program new keys you need your two current/existing programmed keys. Put the first programmed key in the ignition and turn to the run position, hold for 3 seconds. Quickly remove and insert the second programmed key (within 10 seconds) and turn to the run position, hold for 3 seconds. Remove the key, the doors will lock and unlock. Within 10 seconds, insert the new unprogrammed key into the ignition and turn to the run position, hold for 3 seconds. Your new key is now learned to the system. Remove the key and confirm programming by locking and unlocking the doors with the new key. Follow the same steps to program additional keys.

k7lvo

Reaction score
I got my remote start installed. It was one of the ones that plugged into the TPMS, but it looks like it would actually be more involved - a much longer cable run - to plug it into the DLC. The service dept quickly programmed it - no paperwork necessary. I'm trying to decide if I want the smartphone remote start. Well, I WANT it, I'm just not sure that I want to PAY for it. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.