Rev limit

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I know I have asked this in the past. But never got a good answer. Anyone know what the actual rev limit is set at? I was out playing around tonight and while in a drift on a long sweeping corner(closed coarse) at around 50 mph the truck hit what sounded like the rev limiter between shifts for a few seconds. (obviously could not let off) Best I could tell at a quick glance it was only at 3800 rpms. I always assumed it was atleast the 4300 my 6.0 is? Did I mention 10 degree roads are fun.

P.S. Its funny how much more idiotic that sounds when you read what you do back to yourself.

Last edited:

3brorce

Reaction score
Off subject but did you dyno your truck before or after the Tow-power low pressure? What tune?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i am not sure there is an actual rev limit that is set, but the tuners are probably the only ones that know what it is, I do think that without some sort of custom tuning much over 4000 isnt possible anyway

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Yup LOL
I thought it was 4300? Log it on your DD and see for yourself

Its only done it a few odd times with a ton of wheel spin... If I tried to make a log every time I was about to do something stupid, I would need it to start an automatic log every time the truck went full throttle lol. Truck just can't shift fast enough sometimes.

BFT

Reaction score
I've had mine bounce off the rev limiter a few times. I've seen it nail passed 4k but I can't say it was that certain RPM for sure.
Getting on it doing a hard right turn from a dead stop, will get those tires (tire) spinning real good. Maybe someone with a manual will give better insite?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I've had mine bounce off the rev limiter a few times. I've seen it nail passed 4k but I can't say it was that certain RPM for sure.
Getting on it doing a hard right turn from a dead stop, will get those tires (tire) spinning real good. Maybe someone with a manual will give better insite?

I am still trying to get use to the new turbo. The added top end gets me once and a while. Where I use to be hard on the throttle mid way though 2nd gear, I am now waiting to get third gear. With as cold as the roads are its still breaking loose at the top of third gear. I am guessing it was the 3-5 shift that it hit the limiter. I'm just happy it didn't defuel or that would have been the end of the night. :doh:

Anyone know what rpm things start to blow up at?

Jayz

Reaction score
i think its 4400 rpm,it WILL set a code if u over rev the motor.

Latest posts

Members online