Roof Rack

caladash

Reaction score
Looking for a roof rack for the Ex. Does anyone recommend one brand or type over the other? Would like to put some lights on it in the future as well!

washingtoncoastie

Reaction score
i have one. but i cant remember what brand atm. it has held up great over the years. it is powdercoated and has yet to rust(knock on wood). think the most weight i've carreid up there was close to 500 lbs(2 35" spares on rims and a cooler). i have 4 lightforce lights that i need to remount on the front of the basket. you can kinda see it in my avatar. i'll look at what brand it is when i get home tomorrow.

caladash

Reaction score
Thats a lot of weight! Looks pretty sweet! Ive seen some that go all the way to the front like the stock rack. I think thats what we are wanting. Not sure if there are any brands that are better than the other.

washingtoncoastie

Reaction score
yeah,it has an extention piece that goes in the middle that makes it roughly two feet longer. i got called out to sea before i had a chance to see who made it. ill be back in town on the 30th and will get it for you then.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Bringing this back up.

Been thinking about adding a roof rack to my X, since there are times when it would be handy. I often have 6+ people for long trips. I have a receiver rack already, but that doesn't do me any good when I'm towing.

Anyone have experience with one that's not hideous?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.