Rough country 4.5" lift?

K11ng_Ranch

Reaction score
Has anyone here ran the rough country 4.5" lift? I know rough country isn't the best, but I'm not doing any excessive off roading or mudding. I just want a simple lift that won't cost an arm and a leg. If anyone has any input on these, I would appreciate the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decker

Reaction score
No personal experience but have had few buddies that ran them. All say it's s rough ride and tend to sag after a short time.

Reaction score
I install quite a few RC Lifts. As you mentioned not the top of the line but they fit and get the job done. I would buy it and then just budget to upgrade the shocks either right up front or whenever you can and that will improve the ride. PM Me if you need some pricing on the kit or some upgrades for it.

oli6578

Reaction score
I would save up a little bit more money and go with a PMF 4.5 alpha with 3 link.

oli6578

Reaction score
Rough country 4.5" lift?

That's with included traction bars. Would be a lot cheaper if u called and talked to Trevor and told him u don't want traction bars. For what u get its priced very well.

K11ng_Ranch

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I'm still shopping around so I may consider them if the price is reasonable

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I'm still shopping around so I may consider them if the price is reasonable

I second that the PMF kit is far superior but its about 4 times the amount of a basic rough country so its not really comparing apples to apples.

Shoot me an email when your ready. I can build you a full kit to fit your budget and needs using an assortment of parts and options.
[email protected]

JRLott

Reaction score
I know the Carli/Icon/PMF systems are expensive, but I think they're worth it. No, you don't have to go the full monte most expensive setup to cruise the local mall, but the better ride is worth their lower tier systems. I pieced a 2.5" leveling kit together for a bit less than Carli's 2.5" basic kit, but I don't have Carli tuned shocks either. That said, it continues to amaze me how much better it rides than a factory pickup. I took my neighbor to pick up his truck and he mentioned how well it rode several times. He drives a Dodge 1500.
I'd like Carli tuned Fox shocks and Deavers in the rear, but I'm not in any big hurry.

Notneb

Reaction score
I know the Carli/Icon/PMF systems are expensive, but I think they're worth it. No, you don't have to go the full monte most expensive setup to cruise the local mall, but the better ride is worth their lower tier systems. I pieced a 2.5" leveling kit together for a bit less than Carli's 2.5" basic kit, but I don't have Carli tuned shocks either. That said, it continues to amaze me how much better it rides than a factory pickup. I took my neighbor to pick up his truck and he mentioned how well it rode several times. He drives a Dodge 1500.
I'd like Carli tuned Fox shocks and Deavers in the rear, but I'm not in any big hurry.

When you do, you'll cry at how you waited so long. :p

Save up man, don't cheap out, go to diesel power products and select their Carli build-a-kit. It'll let you pick and choose what you want, I think you'll be surprised at how cheap you can get a nice lift kit that doesn't ride like your axles are welded to your frame.

JRLott

Reaction score
When you do, you'll cry at how you waited so long. :p

Save up man, don't cheap out, go to diesel power products and select their Carli build-a-kit. It'll let you pick and choose what you want, I think you'll be surprised at how cheap you can get a nice lift kit that doesn't ride like your axles are welded to your frame.

Sadly...I know this.

A few other things I want to do first...and a couple things in the way at the moment. Until then, I'm happy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.