Running rough?

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Was sitting at work the other day for a while in my nice warm truck just idling in the parking lot as I had gotten there early and was on the phone. Sat there for about 10 minutes. When I went inside a man told me he thought my truck was "running way rough and i think you dropped a cylinder" I just said ok and walked away but it got me wondering. What do you guys think? Only smoke I ever see is when it's a cold start or sometime when I use my led reverse lights I can see a haze but nothing in the daylight and the smoke clears up within 10 seconds after a cold start. Thanks for any opinionshttps://vimeo.com/115275624

mandkole

Reaction score
From the vid, it sounds a little 'chunky' , but comparing to vids with dead holes, its not that-- if its got original injectors with high miles, it could be there.

The blowby rule of thumb is not reliable enough, so when you get ready to do injectors, do a compression test first.

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
From the vid, it sounds a little 'chunky' , but comparing to vids with dead holes, its not that-- if its got original injectors with high miles, it could be there.

The blowby rule of thumb is not reliable enough, so when you get ready to do injectors, do a compression test first.
10-4, thanks for the input. Im far from an expert when it comes to this. And it got 2 brand new injectors right before I bought it (Have receipts from local dealer as well as confirmed it with dealer), truck has 182k on it so I can only guess the others are that old... Was planning on putting in a fresh set some spring time

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
compression test, sounds like every other 7.3 out there though.
Yeah I thought it sounded fine as well, but none of my friends have 7.3's so I never really had anything to compare it to. And im planning on a compression test come spring as well as the injectors

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah I thought it sounded fine as well, but none of my friends have 7.3's so I never really had anything to compare it to. And im planning on a compression test come spring as well as the injectors
blow by looks to be ok as its not puff puff puff but a steady stream of vapor. plug the ccv on the other side and see what happens to the oil cap.

live life full throttle

Blowby

Reaction score
Old injectors will behave much differently than the new ones installed. This can effect the peak pressure point in your arc and allow a slightly different timing between the old and the new. This isn't a problem but it's like having two of your cylinders firing at a different time than the rest. If this just started happening then you need to think of what has changed to pronounce this slight mismatch. Which cylinders have the new injectors?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.