• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Rust Free Texas truck 1999 7.3

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Here is the CL ad for our 99. I have 18 or so photos in the listing.

http://grandisland.craigslist.org/cto/4651411123.html

Feel free to ask questions and I'll be happy to answer them. I'm the 3rd owner, we now have a fully loaded 05 that runs very well and rides better than our 08. The wife says the 99 goes and the 05 stays, until I get another project :thumbsup: then she'll make me sell the 05.

Rust FREE 7.3L F-250 Super Duty Power Stroke Diesel Auto 4x4 CC Short Bed 1999 Lariat with tan leather interior, 221k miles. It will continue to accrue miles as it is driven regularly. This truck hails from Texas and has NO body rust: rust FREE!! It starts up on the first crank each and every morning, runs solid, no smoke, no blow-by and no lope. Compression numbers were obtained prior to my purchase and cylinder #'s were 350-380psi!! It starts easily in the winter even if not plugged in and uses NO oil. This truck has been well maintained, has NO HPOP drips, runs and shifts smooth and has been 100% solid reliable. It has some scuffs and dings that are normal w/ its age. The leather interior is in overall decent shape but the driver's seat has some visible age and a small tear. The previous owner with children swapped from an extended cab dash so the front air bag can be turned on/off. We recently acquired a 05 with all the fancy bells and whistles so the other half says it's our new travel truck so the 99 needs a new home.

Highlights:

--Rust FREE Texas Truck!! ZERO bondo, there is ZERO rust anywhere, the rocker panels are solid, the fenders, the tail gate and even the bed fenders. It has been in NE for approximately 11 months and was washed regularly even in winter as long as the car washes were open. I now own a 94 Bronco that had spent 4 years in salty Minnesota and it's body is solid and good to go. Washing is a must in winter!

--White Crew cab

--Tan leather interior

--4 wheel drive ESOF electronic shift on the fly

--Ford HD auto transmission

--Forged rod motor

--NO oil usage

--NO smoke

--350-380psi compression numbers

--All aluminum CAC cold air charge intercooler

--All aluminum radiator, NO plastic end caps!!

--New Motorcraft glow plugs fall 2013

--New u-joints

--Moog ball joints

--Donaldson Endurance ELF7405 oil filter- see pic of nearly clear oil, no soot and contaminants visible!!

--I use Mobil 1 or Rotella synthetic oil

--AFE Proguard-7 high efficiency air filter

--Short box 5th wheel / gooseneck ready with rails and electrical bed plug.

--Trailer tow package w/ class V-5 hitch

--Trailer brake controller

--05 head lamps

--Factory cab steps

--Pioneer DVD/CD/MP3 flip screen stereo; gps/satellite radio ready w/ Alpine PDX5 amp.

--Spray in bed liner. A small section of the bed liner has torn but the paint is unaffected.

Price reflects the solid reliability of this forged rod 7.3 and the fact that you are getting a rust free Texas truck. The previous owner used it to pull his 5th wheel toy hauler and goosenecks horse trailer. I have used it several trips to Texas and back and never gave me any worries or hick-ups. I get 18mpg at 18-1900 rpms on the highway. You can get in this truck and drive wherever, whenever; it's ready to go at your command. Last month I went to Texas to tow our 05 from San Antonio and it never skipped a beat, cold AC, solid running and smooth shifting. I got 13-14mpg stock, no tuner program used, pulling the 05.

$14,500 OBO, cash/bank check only. Come take a look and make an offer. Leave a message or text or email. Unlike other CL sellers I will get back w/ you no BS no games. We can meet at your bank or mine to exchange the title and money. I have an AE-Auto Enginuity program if you would like to see any parameters on the computer.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Also:

Sits on 4" BDS front spring/rear block lift. I have a 4" Fabtech shackle lift, and 4- Donaldson ELF filters that I'll thrown in for the right price.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Tranny was rebuilt?

Yes, the prior owner claimed it was done at Ford & I want to say it was in 2011. It has an extra hayden "class 5" trans cooler installed and it's functioned flawless for me.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask away or you're welcome to call my # I posted.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Price drop

TTT,

$13,750 rust free fenders, door sills, etc.. will include the donaldson filters and fabtech suspension.

08Monster

Reaction score
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think it will sell for anywhere near that. Just my humble opinion, it books for 4k less. Looked clean before it got taken down anyway!

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Locally they are listed for 9-21k locally so I'm well within area price. Plus the local trucks have rusted wheel wells, door sills & rocker panels.
When I looked for this one last year I couldn't find a single 7.3 that didn't have rust. Sheet metal had holes or chunks missing for the same price. The sheet metal has some dings but no rust. Even the tailgate is good to go.

I'd like to donkey punch the b$tch that keeps flagging my ad.

Thanks for the free bump :)

powerlifter405

Reaction score
you're high as gireffes pussy if you think thats a 4k truck...

Lol, you know 1st hand the compression #'s and the shape the body is in :thumbsup: I appreciated that help.

4k less than his asking price. So 9500 or so

If you can't find a NE, KS or OK that isn't rusted to sh$t for that price or that year. I'm not sure about ND but several of the surrounding states use sodium chloride in the winter. You can't find anything here more than a few years old that doesn't seem to have the fenders rusted through.

Flagged again, amigo.

Thanks for the heads up J. As much as I hate to do it I may have to pay for an auto trader ad. They are pop-up heavy pages and their listing sequence sucks.

I'll have to repost CL every night before I go to bed.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
photos

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/powerlifter405/library/oil

password:
fordtruck

For clarification, the 5th wheel rails are still there and there are some attachments under the bed. The gooseneck and hitch was removed by the previous owner. I have no use for them so I've left things as is.

I ran over some debris on the highway and lost two tires on one side. I rotated the tires around and the rears are 325/65 and the fronts are 275/75/18. The tires are the same circumference but the rears are 13" wide and the fronts are 10" wide IIRC. Both pairs have life but I've been too pressed for $$ to buy 2 new tires.

Nothing else has changed.

Latest posts

Members online