s&b

Ipkyss

Reaction score
For the last two years and 25k. I have been running a "green" brand drop in air filter in my truck. No issues with any tune including the spartan 350. For some odd reason I desided to get a s&b intake since so many people like it. Fit and finish was very good. It looks good. Eaiser to clean the filter. But. The first full throttle run on the Spartan 275 sucked the filter minder right to the bottom. Oiled air filter straight from s&b. What gives?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thats odd did you make sure the passage was clean on the inlet of the housing? I ran alot of set ups with my s&b with great luck

White_monster

Reaction score
It's just where the filter minder is placed. It's not due to lack of flow. Even elites high flow intake sucks the minder in and that's a 18" long filter. I disconnected the harness from the filter minder to avoid the check filter message or you can seal the end of the minder up. Call Aaron at Rudy's and they have found the same info

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I will have to check it a little better. It looks like the filter minder is with in an inch of the factory set up compared to the filter. And I was getting cooler intake temps with the factory box. I am guessing that is do to the S&B pulling some air from behind the battery. Are you guys running the S&B topless? is the added air increase worth the temp increase?

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
remove the lid, you have a intercooler that cools the air. i never got why people are so concerned about cold air intake when they have a intercooler...you really gonna notice 2hp loss if that?

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I guess I was more concerned with how much more dust would get pulled in without the top on. I live on a dirt rd. My motor is constantly a mess. I wash it once a month or so. Filter is oiled from the factory, so I would like to think it has the right amount on it.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
pulled the top off today. No longer getting the check filter light. Guess it helped just enough.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.