S468 questions

nwpastroker

Reaction score
What kind of boost are all of you running S468s seeing? Im running one with a 1.10 exhaust and stock injectors and im seeing 35-36psi. Curious if this is what others have experienced or not? I figured with the larger turbo, and larger exhaust housing i would not have the fuel to make more psi than with a stock charger. I just want to make sure I dont have any issues before I drop the big sticks in
Thanks guys

Black 02

Reaction score
I hit 45psi with my stage II's. Usually around 40 empty.

The thing about that turbo is the massive volume it displaces.

Quality product.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
What kind of boost are all of you running S468s seeing? Im running one with a 1.10 exhaust and stock injectors and im seeing 35-36psi. Curious if this is what others have experienced or not? I figured with the larger turbo, and larger exhaust housing i would not have the fuel to make more psi than with a stock charger. I just want to make sure I dont have any issues before I drop the big sticks in
Thanks guys

How does it run,drive,tow with stock injectors

nwpastroker

Reaction score
Runs fantastic actually. I'm sure I won't have a chance to tow with it, Im only leaving stockers in till i get all the kinks worked out, but the turbo comes on around 1600 and is ready to go by 1800, and that's with the 1.10 exhaust

Marty

Reaction score
Does seem like a lot. More then I'd expect. But then again, I usually don't run 468 with stock inj

nwpastroker

Reaction score
That's the impression I was under Marty, I figured with the larger wheel and housing, it would be a bit more laggy than it is. Does anyone know the "safe" drive ratio on this charger? I'm going with alot more injector and I'm starting to worry I'm going to have ridiculous drive pressure

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Runs fantastic actually. I'm sure I won't have a chance to tow with it, Im only leaving stockers in till i get all the kinks worked out, but the turbo comes on around 1600 and is ready to go by 1800, and that's with the 1.10 exhaust

Interesting, I may step up the turbo before injectors

mattman347

Reaction score
Seems a little high, but I have not ran one with stock injectors. With stage 2's I think I was around 40, and with my 350/200 I am around 50-55. It's a darn good turbo, I don't think what you are seeing is a "problem".

2000wa250

Reaction score
I think a .90 housing would be very nice on it if you drive a stick. Should know for sure by the end of the summer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

nossliw

Reaction score
I am considering this same turbo on an old OBS with a ZF5... trying to convince myself why I need a 4 series and not a S366. Any opinions on how it would perform with stage 1's 160cc singles over stage 1's and a S468?

2000wa250

Reaction score
I know mine cleans up perfectly. Still working out kinks in the tuning but yes this turbo with the 1.10 spools around 16-1800

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

nossliw

Reaction score
Good to know. My stock charger will roll thick even when spooled and can't even properly clean up stage 1's at 7000 feet of altitude. I was considering the s366 but figured why not go bigger to a 468 in case I want more stick in the future. I will have to do bellows and a t4 kit on my 97, I am am just window shopping till next winter when there is a bit of down time and funds.... Any recommendations for a complete kit with bellows? I an tig my own but want it to be right the first time with lengths I have seen Irate and Jake's setup, just wondering if there were any others out there...sorry for this OBS guy to be encroaching on the SD turf.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Just to throw it out there...

Most of the dodge guys I know call S300's "hand grenades."

But, most of the dodge guys I know have no idea what to do with a wastegate.

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
I'm running the s467fmw and it works great at 6500ft getting 20mpg when I keep my foot out of it. When I do hammer down I can mess with just about anything on the road.

Latest posts

Members online