s475 with 238/100's

D66stroke

Reaction score
I just put a 75/83/1.0 on my truck. It doesn't seem to pull much harder than the s366 that came off it, just a little slower to spool.. Are 238/100's just too little of an injector to completely spool that size of turbo, especially with having a 1.0 housing? Or do I might have a boost leak somewhere, because that's what it feels and kinda sounds like. I don't have an o-ring at the comp outlet flange because there was no groove for one, wondering if thats a possibility too. Kind of leaning on the injector idea, but figure I see whats up on here first

Swaan

Reaction score
If a s366 was cleaning up your 238/100 why do you think a 75mm turbo would give you more power???

Just another classic example of going to big then complaining of lack luster performance at anything under 3/4 throttle. Yup bigger injectors will fix everything, keep drinking the cool aid fella.

You would of been better off just jumping up to a 369sxe with the .91 housing.
Or if you were dead set on the s400 a s468 would of been all you needed. A 75mm turbo is sooooo over kill

Last edited:

Swaan

Reaction score
Also you do need an O-ring on that outlet flange.
The compressor cover does not have a grove , the O-ring goes on the flange that goes onto the compressor cover. The vband clamp holds it all together.

D66stroke

Reaction score
I may have went a little big but for $700 and another $6 for cool aid packets, why not? At what point did I mention the 366 cleaning up or not cleaning up the 238's? Or anything below 3/4 throttle lol? Usually when someone says "pulls harder" it means up top, hence the question about my injectors not being enough to spool it completely, there's actually not much lag when spooling.. I just didn't want to buy a set of 300/200 or bigger to better match the turbo without some input. As far as the 366, the stock turbo put in more work, wish I would've known that before getting it. The flange doesn't have a groove for an o-ring, on compressor side OR the IC pipe side. So it would need to be RTV or a flat o-ring which I can't seem to find. I have Tony Wildman tunes

m_j

Reaction score
the 83 wheel is a bit small.
if you suspect a leak then pressure it up and check

D66stroke

Reaction score
Yeah I had the choice between a 83 wheel with 1.0 housing, or a billet 75 with 87 wheel and .90 housing. Friend of mine has turbo galore from building all his drag cars and diesels lol. I chose the 1.0 housing thinking I'd have more up top, but I could be wrong since I never really gave turbine wheel size a thought? I'm sure he'll let me swap turbo's if the other is a better choice

PABowhunter

Reaction score
How much boost did you make with the 366? How much is the 475 making? Definitely do a leak check if you suspect there is one.

As far as injector size goes, most guys move up to a 200% nozzle with a 468 and up. Will a 100% spool it? Yes. But the 200% nozzle will deliver more fuel in the shorter injection window of high rpm driving and pull harder.

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
I've had this setup before with an s474 w/billet wheel and 1.10 housing and 350/200's, it was one of my favorite setups, almost solely ran with nitrous low 11's at 123mph ran about a second slower on fuel only and I think about 110 on the mph, if I wasn't gonna run any nitrous then I would prolly like the
.90 housing, so yes I would recommend the 300/200's from pis, tell em brian@graysdiesel told ya to call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D66stroke

Reaction score
You could order up a .90 housing for the 83 turbine to help spool.

It spools no problem, just up top it seems to "run out". Like how a 366 will seem to hit on low-mid range then seem to have no top end, that's kinda how this 475 is. As opposed to the top end power I expected it to pick up while sacrificing low-mid power

D66stroke

Reaction score
How much boost did you make with the 366? How much is the 475 making? Definitely do a leak check if you suspect there is one.

As far as injector size goes, most guys move up to a 200% nozzle with a 468 and up. Will a 100% spool it? Yes. But the 200% nozzle will deliver more fuel in the shorter injection window of high rpm driving and pull harder.

Yeahhhhh about that... I built this truck and never put a boost gauge in. I'll pick one up and see what the 75 is making. Do you think 200% nozzles on my 238's would be enough? Not trying to make record passes, just a fun red light to red light truck lol

D66stroke

Reaction score
I've had this setup before with an s474 w/billet wheel and 1.10 housing and 350/200's, it was one of my favorite setups, almost solely ran with nitrous low 11's at 123mph ran about a second slower on fuel only and I think about 110 on the mph, if I wasn't gonna run any nitrous then I would prolly like the
.90 housing, so yes I would recommend the 300/200's from pis, tell em brian@graysdiesel told ya to call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an injector builder here locally and so far he's built me 180/100's, then 300/100 hybrids, and now 238's (long story).. So far so good so I'll talk to him about throwing a set of 200% on. I know most would say stay with the top name builders but this guy flows them and they seem to fuel just as hard as any other 238/100 truck I've been in. But thanks for the input!

superpsd

Reaction score
I would put the 200% nozzles on especially if your looking to increase top end power. The 200% willl put the fuel in faster and as the engine rpms increase the injection window decreases. 200% nozzles can be very streetable. 200% nozzles are on my daily cruiser.

D66stroke

Reaction score
Yeah I'll have to talk to my friend, he's got a set of new Swamps 238/200 he's debating on selling or trading me for mine since he has a PMR motor

David N

Reaction score
You have any HPOP mods? If you're still on stock oil, an upgraded oil pump will wake the truck up considerable.

D66stroke

Reaction score
Nope haven't done a pump yet. It doesn't hold 3100psi but it's not far from it believe it or not. But yes that's also in the works

bens

Reaction score
Just got my friends truck all back together 250/200s, he was running a s366 sxe, and traded that for a s475. The 366 stopped pulling up top with crazy egts, and i feel that this 475 is just what he needed, still lights about the same, but pulls way harder and longer

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.