Salvaged 2011 Lariat - Good?

golfpro2301

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the forum. been searching for last 3 months and have found a lot of info on this site about the 6.4 and the 6.7. learned a lot about emissions delete, tuning, etc. I currently have a 04 150 lariat with 180K miles on it. I do competition BBQ as a hobby and want something bigger to pull my trailer. My current truck is starting to struggle. I have a tight budget and was looking at 6.4 but having a hard time finding ones I want in a private sale. Dont want to pay the high dealer prices. I just found a 2011 lariat with salvaged title. It was in an accident in the front left side. The owner bought it at auction and replaced the driver door, front panel, hood, and all front end parts underneath with OEM parts. He has driven it for 20K miles since doing the repairs. Currently has 130K miles on it and everything is stock. Price is $22k. Do you think I would be ok with this purchase. The truck will be a daily driver driven about 16K miles a year. 95% will be interstate to and from work. I will be towing my trailer which weighs 7K lbs fully loaded about once a month for 150 miles max at a time. Appreciate all of the help.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats a gamble over 20 g's. I wouldn't do it eith that mileage just because nobody will want that just because the title status.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
too high with the miles IMO, and trade-in value is next to nothing...

private party sales on salvage vehicles is tough

for $15k I might consider it... might

D10Tion

Reaction score
It has to have some frame damage if they totaled it...20k is kind of pricey for a truck with a salvage title. Biggest thing I'd be worried about aside from the the possibility of frame damage is the fact that you can't get full coverage insurance on it.

drogon1320

Reaction score
I've owned 3 rebuilt/salvage titles in the past, all 3 took some time to sell and was sold for $2-4k less than the clean titles in my area.but the price I got it for and the use/mileage I got out of it, I was Ok with that.Really inspect the frame,motor, etc, but that price is kinda high, few people would consider that truck for the price range, if you really like it and won't care about the re-sale value too much, shoot a low offer.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Man, im not being a dikk but thats 12-15k for a easy sale. 17 if you're wreckless.

Its not like its got 50k miles on it.

golfpro2301

Reaction score
I passed on it and found another truck. Its a 2010 6.4 Lariat with 112k miles. Dpf deleted. Intake and Spartan Ndash tuner. Its in about a 9.5/10 condition. Pick it up next week. this will be my first diesel.

ncollins64

Reaction score
You will love the 6.4. Just always take care of your maint on time, motorcraft filters, keep water seperator drained, and enjoy. Just beware, if you dog it and mistreat it anything can and will happen.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Can someone define that better? Like do you have to beat the shti out if one or do you do 5 wot passes and someday cruising down the highway at 60, it shtis the bed?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Haha I just realize the worst can happen at anytime. I always watch and take of things but I do have fun with it also. I cracked a piston after work one evening. But I knew it would happen sooner than later so I couldn't be mad.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hmmm....not sure what that meant.

You kinda gave a timebomb impression. Lets say you could find a lower mile 6.4 and you deleted and tuned it. How quick will it blow up?

ncollins64

Reaction score
It's luck of the draw imo. If you buy a 6.4 you should just know that. Would a 6.7 be more reliable, probably yes but I like the 6.4 so I fully know and understand what "could" happen.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Gotcha. Im in a position of "don't need" but "want". I am not a 6.7 hater but im also not enamored. I think the motor is good but don't really loooove the truck. Too yuppie for me. Ford did those stupid assed doghouse consoles in every vehicle after 11 and its kinda gay to me. I like the floor console in the 6.4 and the pull out cupholders. More trucklije and useful. Dont need 4 cuppys and a small one for hand sanitizer. LOL

I loved them now not so much.

Im kinda in between 6l or 6.4. Just because I like the trucks as a whole better.

Whi knows, when crunch time comes, i may change my tune.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I gotcha. I don't think there's anything wrong with a good bullet proofed 6.0. I actually like the body style of the 6.0s as good or better than the 6.4. I do like the interiors of the 6.4 and also the easy raw hp they can make but realize anything can happen. I'd like to know the history of it before I pulled the trigger on it atleast.

TyCorr

Reaction score
But its a shortbed. Id really prefer a long. In fact, its what im interested in.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I've lost my lust for the 6.7's... I just keep watching them come down in price. I know I'll get one eventually, but I just love the 6.4's

I keep buying 6.0's. I think you get a ton for your money, but after spending years in a 6.4, I keep selling the 6.0's! LOL

Gotcha. Im in a position of "don't need" but "want". I am not a 6.7 hater but im also not enamored. I think the motor is good but don't really loooove the truck. Too yuppie for me. Ford did those stupid assed doghouse consoles in every vehicle after 11 and its kinda gay to me. I like the floor console in the 6.4 and the pull out cupholders. More trucklije and useful. Dont need 4 cuppys and a small one for hand sanitizer. LOL

I loved them now not so much.

Im kinda in between 6l or 6.4. Just because I like the trucks as a whole better.

Whi knows, when crunch time comes, i may change my tune.

Jomax

Reaction score
Still like my 6.7. You can keep your problematic 6.0 and 6.4

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online