School me on the 6.4

smokedout250

Reaction score
Ok I'm looking at a 6.4s what I wanna know is, what does it take to make them a 450hp truck? I know nothing about them so school me! I want reliable as well

01PSD

Reaction score
:whs: egr delete for reliability purposes as well, Eric@Innovative Diesel or Spartan makes great low power as well as high power tunes

01PSD

Reaction score
No need for updated fuel system at that power level, studs probably won't even be an issue. Would it be good insurance to have them? absolutely

OBS F350

Reaction score
If you want to really never have to worry about anything because of the added power, do studs, full egr delete with wastegate, get a built trans, ladder bars. There's a few other things I'm sure people would add to that list.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
If you want to really never have to worry about anything because of the added power, do studs, full egr delete with wastegate, get a built trans, ladder bars. There's a few other things I'm sure people would add to that list.

With good tuning, wastegates aren't needed..... intake, exhaust, egr delete, tune... 500+ HP.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Ok so what's the cost in a setup with tuner, egr delete and dpf delete? How does the trams handle the power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I've been running the H&S updated tunes, mostly on hot, my tranny hasn't missed a beat. Does perfect, and I in no way baby the truck everyday. I dont run the **** out of it, but I do get on it when I drive it. I'm going to get KEM tunes in the near future, looking forward to it too!

smokedout250

Reaction score
It's so different than a 7.3 it's hard to think you can even work on the engine in them.... Also what kinda mpg do you get? What about all stock trucks with higher miles on them an adding power is it gonna be a problem?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
stock mileage is around 11 modded is about 15 to be conservative.

450 hp is easy as a tuner dpf delete, dont even need an intake, although its recomended

Trans will live for a long time and so will the gaskets

smokedout250

Reaction score
11 ouch.... 15 ouch I get 17 with my obs .... On a side note so I could have a tuner exhaust, and intake and be a safe reliable truck?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Only other thing I would add from a reliability stand point would ne an air dog just to help keep that expensive a$$ fuel system clean.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah as long as you keep it with a 250 hp tune or lower it should live a long time

i cant be honest on the mileage, but when mine was lifted and mostly stock it was 13 loaded and 15 unloaded, best tank i ever got was 19 on the highway with little wind, but an honest average was 15 mpg

OBS is way lighter than these things, typical ccsb is about 8500 full of fuel ect

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
My 6.0 is getting 13.5... not all that great.
Jealous of those numbers...

smokedout250

Reaction score
So what all would be needed to run say a 345 tune? Also what tuner is the best? Any other smart fixes that would be a good up grade?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Trans and headstuds if you want it to be reliable

If you want to roll the dice, just load up a tune

Erics tunes are the best all out performance IMHO

Kem seams to have the daily driving stuff pretty down

All depends on what you want really

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Deleting the egr with block off plates or a full delete is another smart mod to prevent cooler breakage to allow coolant into the intake system .

Latest posts

Members online