School me on the 6.4

smokedout250

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! So to do egr deletes you have to take the cab off I'm assuming they make it fairly simple to do.... Other than lifting the cab off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
I spent like 500 on a spartan in the classified section, plus 100 to get it relicensed. 250 On a used AFE intake, and 500 on a new full stainless 5" flopro exhaust. Total 1350. Now that spartan offers all tunes for free you can have a pretty close to 600 hp truck for cheap if you look and shop around. But after 14000 miles of running a 275 tune, my egr coolers went.... then 5000 miles after that my head gaskets are causing my truck to puke. So an egr delete and head studs at some point wouldnt hurt, and would make it pretty close bullet proof. I would do the egr delete, even without a waste gate, just to make sure you dont unknowingly leak coolant into the engine. Plenty of people are running the basic tuner/intake/exhaust with out doing them though, and even more without ever worrying about the tranny and lift pump.

powersmokin64

Reaction score
I've been running the H&S updated tunes, mostly on hot, my tranny hasn't missed a beat. Does perfect, and I in no way baby the truck everyday. I dont run the **** out of it, but I do get on it when I drive it. I'm going to get KEM tunes in the near future, looking forward to it too!

I am happier with the H&S hot tunes than I am with KEM. But I run the 345 for mileage thats about it

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
a buddy did an ege delete the other day, took about 6 hours, maybe a bit more, definitely not bad cab on, once you've done it once. there needs to be a writeup.

Latest posts

Members online