SCT livewire TS 5015

highland512

Reaction score
I am looking to get a tuner set up for my 04 6L with a ZF6. I have been looking at all of the usual suspects and I think the SCT 5015 seems to be the best setup. Anyone have any experience with the 5015? Pros, cons, love, hate?

I talked to my buddy's at Wound For Sound Performance and they quoted me a awesome price!

Mud digger

Reaction score
I personally love my LW TS, not only will it hold 10 custom tunes but you can also use it for your gauges. The touch screen takes a little getting used to (kinda touchy), but after a little bit of messing with it you'll get the hang of it. I'd recommend it.

6.fast

Reaction score
I like mine. Same complaint about the touch screen but once you have it set up you dont need to touch it. I had one problem where it stopped half way through an update and i couldnt load tunes onto my truck but the customer service fixed me up in a couple minutes and i was on my way. I would recommend it.

lzam6285

Reaction score
I have one. My only complaint is there is no EGT probe, you need to buy an aftermarket setup for and then you have to buy an additional analog wire to plug into the unit wich looks like an after thought imop. I was able to find a original EGT kit for it so they are out there. I think Innovative diesel has the hole set up. Also every once in a wile when I start up the truck the unit dose t turn on automatically or it will display a no communication from ignition error.that happens usually after its been sitting for a couple days. So far all I've had to do is turn the key off and the back on and it works fine. One thing to think about before you purcase any tuner is if it will be able to accept custome tunes wich this one dose. That was one of the main reasons I bought it.The Evelution CTS will accept customs tunes as well from Power Hungry Performance wich I didn't know before I bought my SCT. I like the look of the guage set up on the CTS better than the SCT, although I have no first hand experience. All in all I'm happy with it and would recommend it to a friend.

sootie

Reaction score
go for it! we have a truck with it and it works great.

Reaction score
great set up.... butttt.... im not a fan of little things like it does not come on and off automaticaly with the truck, kinda touchy like said above, the best set up i feel is an SCT 3015 (witch holds 10 tunes as well now) and and edge insight CTS for sure, edge has the s#!t together with that unit for sure, more than happy with that set up in my own personal truck :thumbup:

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
great set up.... butttt.... im not a fan of little things like it does not come on and off automaticaly with the truck, kinda touchy like said above, the best set up i feel is an SCT 3015 (witch holds 10 tunes as well now) and and edge insight CTS for sure, edge has the s#!t together with that unit for sure, more than happy with that set up in my own personal truck :thumbup:

That's weird my livewire ts comes on automatically as soon as I turn the key

As For EGT probes, since sct discontinued theirs, they partnered with this company named plx devices for egt probes here is link

http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=SEMOSMEGT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
How visible is the screen in direct sunlight?

Its good it has an ambient light sensor that detects light, such as smart phones these days that automatically dim, so it knows when its day and night time and you can also set each day and night time brightness level. I also like how there are several gauge layouts and a couple color themes to choose from along with the option for a backup camera

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Also every once in a wile when I start up the truck the unit dose t turn on automatically or it will display a no communication from ignition error.that happens usually after its been sitting for a couple days. So far all I've had to do is turn the key off and the back on and it works fine.

The TS Livewire automatically powers off, vs going into standby, after XX number of hours in standby.

When in standby, it powers up with the PCM.

It shuts itself down to prevent battery draw after extended periods.

I dig it.

Only complaint is the screen is uber touchy.

Binder man

Reaction score
I am looking to get a tuner set up for my 04 6L with a ZF6. I have been looking at all of the usual suspects and I think the SCT 5015 seems to be the best setup. Anyone have any experience with the 5015? Pros, cons, love, hate?

I talked to my buddy's at Wound For Sound Performance and they quoted me a awesome price!

Nice to see you finally made it over Matt :grouphug:

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I've never owned any other SCT products but, loading tunes was pretty easy.

Latest posts

Members online