Seat Options

mustube

Reaction score
The seats in my truck are about as worn out as seats can be. The fabric and the foam are both done. I'm looking for options as to what's out there in the aftermarket. I've been looking for newer Ford seats but there hasn't been anything out there that isn't overpriced and worn out.

I'm looking at the Corbeau Baja XRS or more likely the RS because I can get gray to match my truck and it's slightly larger than the XRS.

Has anybody put these or any other suspension seats in their DD? Are there any other seats that don't have ridiculous side bolstering and won't be too hard to get in or out of?

JDub

Reaction score
I can't comment on the Baja seats, but I had the Corbeau LG1 seats in my daily driver and loved them

mustube

Reaction score
That thread is more about how they bolt in. I asked if anybody had the Baja seats and got no replies so I started my own thread.

Buck1

Reaction score
Got a place in OH that does takeouts of new trucks. Bought a set 40-20-40 in grey vinyl for 550 a few years ago. Be happy to share that info if interested.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mustube

Reaction score
You're talking fake leather vinyl and not xl plastic vinyl right?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

powerlifter405

Reaction score
OP if you're in SA there has to be plenty of shops that will redo the upholstery for you. I think that would be cheaper than buying something else.

I lived there only a few years but I have an Idea out where I'd drive or the areas to search for upholstery shops.

Good luck

TyCorr

Reaction score
Redoing the foam will probably cost more than the upgrade to leather. You can get leather/vinyl combos for 800ish and all leather kits for 1200ish and higher end premium leather for 1600 on up. You'll need all the tools and bs to do them still. Hog rings and spray adhesive, so on and so on.

mustube

Reaction score
I priced out getting my foam fixed since nobody makes 01 foam and its close to 200 per seat and then they upholstery on top of that brings it well over 1k for just cloth. That's not to mention that when you get the foam fixed the new side is always different than the old side so it will still be uneven.

Baja seats are 6 or 700 for a pair of all new seats and have more side bolstering to keep me in the seat better.

With the seats I have now, I always slide over into the door while I drive.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I priced out getting my foam fixed since nobody makes 01 foam and its close to 200 per seat and then they upholstery on top of that brings it well over 1k for just cloth. That's not to mention that when you get the foam fixed the new side is always different than the old side so it will still be uneven.

Baja seats are 6 or 700 for a pair of all new seats and have more side bolstering to keep me in the seat better.

With the seats I have now, I always slide over into the door while I drive.

There are places that make that foam. Absolutely!

Not ford though. I can get the foam for my 00.

Edit:if you have your mind made up, thats cool. I just wanted to let you know that I priced out one foam cushion for the drivers side, two leather captains chairs w/armrests, one leather bench seat cover, and two tone treatment and it was 1400 bucks.

Last edited:

mustube

Reaction score
Still not worth it since I would have to buy the covers too. Who makes seat foam for 2000 or 2001

mustube

Reaction score
You could definitely make it work with factory ford stuff if you have some fab skills, but my truck has all manual seats so I'm not worried with that.

mustube

Reaction score
Even with seat covers, you have to get someone to fix the seat foam too. That and the cost of the seat covers and you have brand new corbeaus easy.

Latest posts

Members online